1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f22 dohc??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by almightyaccord, Jan 27, 2004.

1. almightyaccord

almightyaccord Junior Member

ok i have done a search and sorta got an answer but here are my questions. I will soon be buying a f22b DOHC that will be going into a 1992 accord 4dr ex(5 speed)and i just wanted to know what is the best ECU to use on that motor..... i dont really care about gas i just want to go fast. Also should i leave the setup of the ecu as obd1 or do the conversion to obd2. And my last question is can i swap a h22 head on to the f22b block? (just in case some day it pops up for a good price!!!)

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

The F22B is closest power wise to the H23. Your F22 ECU would work ok. That engine probably has a secondary butterfly. I would say the H23 ECU would run the engine with a little more power, except that the H23 has a knock sensor. Without a knock sensor, the H23 ECU would give you a CEL(check engine light) which in turn would retard your timing and kill a lot of power. I would try to get an F22B ECU, then look into other options.

This guys says he has one for 150 extra
    Ebay Auction for F22B

3. 93_Accord_EX

93_Accord_EX New Member

would the stock f22a ecu run the f22b dohc motor fine?

4. formby

formby learning in progress

no

and this thread is 3yrs old start a new one

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted