f22 engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

will the f22a6 drop into the 92 sedan accord? just wanna make sure there was no difference in mounts or anything. thanks

if the accord was a dx,lx 10th anniversary... then you need to add in the IAB wire and get the ex sensor (if you want the secondary runners).

as far as everything else it bolts right in, you won't have any problems if you don't plug in the IAB it won't matter (you just might lose what little bit of power is provided by the dual runners).. 5hp I think?? <_<

I know if you had an f22a1, and switch to F22A6, your air compressor mount shifts over slightly. So, you'll either have to switch balancers, or the part of the ac mount that bolts to the block. Just make sure your belts line up perfectly.

That is, if you switch any parts back and forth........

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Dec 9 2003, 01:47 AM
if the accord was a dx,lx 10th anniversary... then you need to add in the IAB wire and get the ex sensor (if you want the secondary runners).

as far as everything else it bolts right in, you won't have any problems if you don't plug in the IAB it won't matter (you just might lose what little bit of power is provided by the dual runners).. 5hp I think?? <_<

(if you want the secondary runners).
intake runners?

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Dec 9 2003, 02:47 PM
intake runners?

The IAB's. Secondary intake runners that are present on H22's and B18C's. That why I asked above if he was sure the F22's came with them.

thanks guys. i just got this accord and i wanna make sure everything i think can be done. Can be done if u know what i mean.

yes I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SURE of this.. the reason I know this (among other things :D ) is when I did the prelude swap on my car.. the IAB switch and vaccum box were damaged.. where did I get the replacement parts??? off of my f22a6! :rolleyes:

I actually learned about this when researching to buy my 93 EX. I couldn't figure out where the extra 15HP came from... (certainly stock HEADERS wouldn't make that much difference..) learned that the intake manifold had secondary runners ... (so at 4800, my ex used to sound like a baby gsr when the IAB opened up! :gayflag: )

blah.

so.. long story short...yes, it's true. However, if this kid wishes (as I mentioned before) he can just bypass the IAB or choose to leave it open all the time..

one more thing lol. this accord is an auto :( but when i get the f22a6 i'm gonna get the manual tranny with it. how much of a problem with the conversion be?

Back