F22 throttle body question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94exGuy

new to the site but not the game... did some searching and came up with nothing... is it possible to bore out the stock f22 tb and use the h22 butterfly, want to keep my stock cruise but looking for ideas for a throttle body... oh i got a 94 cd7 with a f22b1. building the head in the near future... p&p with manifold to match, bisi stg 2 cam & gear, bisi springs & retainers. stock bottom end for now... thanks

Not sure but the H22 throttle body might just bolt on. I know the F22a's bolt pattern is different and they wont but not sure about the F22b1. These will know....

CD5Tuner Forums

Some guy on Honda-tech (I think there's an article in their accord forum) swapped the H22 throttle body onto the f22b1. He instructs how to deal with the mild incompatibilities. Namely, he suggests using a dremmel drill and boring out the intake manifold so that the larger throttle body actually makes a difference. The inside diameter of the entrance to the intake manifold is apparently the same size as the throttle body, so for what it's worth I would check into that lead.

hey guys thanks for the info, yea im pretty sure the h22 tb would work with a few small modifications cause ive read that some guys are running the f22 tb on their h22 swap to retain their cruise control so it should work the opposite... the thing is that im trying to keep my cruise control so was trying to stay with the f22 and just modify it but not really many options out there. if it comes down to it ill just run the h22 if i have to and throw out the cruise control... but im gonna keep looking and check out those leads...thanks

hey guys thanks for the info, yea im pretty sure the h22 tb would work with a few small modifications cause ive read that some guys are running the f22 tb on their h22 swap to retain their cruise control so it should work the opposite... the thing is that im trying to keep my cruise control so was trying to stay with the f22 and just modify it but not really many options out there. if it comes down to it ill just run the h22 if i have to and throw out the cruise control... but im gonna keep looking and check out those leads...thanks

I'm not sure since I haven't seen the two side by side but can you transfer the cable cams over to the H22 throttle body to keep the CC cam?

Back