F22 to H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aight. h22 is not v-tech right?

wow... it still amazes me to this day that people still call it "v-tech"...... IT IS WRITTEN RIGHT THERE ON THE VALVE COVER!!!!!!!!!!:chair:

wow... it still amazes me to this day that people still call it "v-tech"...... IT IS WRITTEN RIGHT THERE ON THE VALVE COVER!!!!!!!!!!:chair:

I feel you on that. I think the problem is that most people think that the "tec" part of it stands for technology, not realizing that VTEC is actually an acronym...

Variable valve Timing and lift with Electronic Control. Do a search for questions like that....

So lets say I wanna run a small turbo at about 7-8psi. how much would it cost me?

Iv been looking around and it looks pretty damn expensive! :eek:

Last edited:
So lets say I wanna run a small turbo at about 7-8psi. how much would it cost me?

Iv been looking around and it looks pretty damn expensive! :eek:

You can buy a crappy E-Bay turbo kit for $800, but you get what you pay for. If you want your setup to be reliable and last for a good amount of time then you need to spend more in the $1,500 range that AHHVTEC was talking about. Don't forget to budget it fuel management/ECU tuning/dyno time as well...

hahaha i dont know of anyone with a dyno in my area.... i heard i can make one out of soda cans duct tape and a old computer! is this true? (just kidding)

of course you can haha...but yea i would get the H22 since it is only 150 bucks....you cant beat it....i bought mine for 2350 nd i also have to get the custom wiring from rywire.com.......good luck

yea im deffinatly going H22 i met a kid the other day with a pretty nice 2 tone red and black cb7 with just a h22 swap and he kicked my white cracker ass

haha, yea them little bastards are fast tho.....i got one waiting for a home in my engine bay.........post pics when ur doin it

Yea i know im opening MY old topic but.... I hope i get to do it one day!! Just found out second kid is on the way and that is gunna kill the H22 piggy bank

I have a 97 accord lx with the f22b2 non vtec and obd, and i got a JDM H22A OBD1 DOHC VTEC ENGINE, 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION FOR 92-95 HONDA PRELUDE. what do i have to do to do this swap, and can i keep my f22 engine mounts, and also is the obd 2 to 1 going to be a problem.

ok dude, same subject convo thread jacking is some what tolerable but thats just fucking lazy bro....

its like sitting at a bar and you get up to take a piss and some dude is in ur seat... even though he new you were sitting there. thats grounds for getting bitch slapped lol

even better its like someone eating ur burger lol

Last edited:
oh and to 93accordex, check out cb7tuner.com, they are miracle workers overs there, there picture by picture details on what ur doing there...

\haha i didnt even check to see how old this thread was

Last edited:
Back