F22 to H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chaindtoarock

I am new to the forum so feel free to lay into me if I make a stupid mistake. I have a '94 Prelude that is ready for a new engine. I saw the post that said going from a f22 to a h22 was not reccomended, which is contradictory to what I have been hearing. If the h22 isnt a good fit any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. If nothing else should I rebuild or buy from H-Motors? This is going to be a daily driver, but I want the extra power. Just need a little guidance.

wow someone told you wrong the prelude and accord will be the beat car for fittment of the h22a it will drop right in and bolt right up you can even use your stock f22 tranny if you wont to so yea buy one from h motors, and drop her right in

Wow, that was fast. So should I get new motor mounts for an additional $150. Transmission is auto w/ 130k, should I replace to deal with the extra power, it would be free if I got it through H-motors there would just be extra labor. What else might I anticpate going wrong that I should check now to save me headaches later?

well you should change it over to a 5spd i dont know sence your car is a auto if it maters but on the 5spd preludes the motor mounts are the same so you wouldnt need new mounts

I would like to but wouldnt it be a ridiculous amount of work to change to 5spd? I was considering changing the mounts only b/c it would be easier at the time instead of later, but if it isnt necessary perhaps I wont.

Now that I have screwed up and posted this in the wrong section like a noob, I'll ask a noob question: "How do I move this post to the appropriate section?"

Thanks. Any advice on uprgades from stock suspension? I live in San Francisco and the roads are terrible so I dont want anything that will have me bottoming out every five seconds or anything that cant take the abuse of swiss cheese roads. Not anything crazy, just to improve overall handling.

Is that going to change the ride height? If I cant do the work myself, (car is in Florida, I am in California) is my best bet to take it to a dealership to swap the engine?

yikes they will charge the hell out of you to do the swap,,probly the same price as the motor,, and it will change the ride you can stay at stock level or lower it either one

Moved to California w/ my girlfriend and didnt think the car would make it with the current engine. So we took her car and I left mine with my dad because I couldnt stand to sell it. Now I miss the car, my retired dad has the time to drive it, but Im worried it wont make it. So that leaves me with two options:
1) Ship the car and do the work here
2) Fix the car and he'll drive it out.
I dont even know what it would cost to ship it, but I would rather drop the money in the car rather than the shipping and use my dad as a free delivery service.

you could rent a car doley,,but the reason i say this its a perty simple swap but it will cost a ass load for a shop to do it

Back