F22 to H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well if you take it to the honda delership it will be at least 1200 bucks

damn lol take the 2k for the motor install and the 2k for the new motor and buy something better

yeah but everything else is primo in this car. especially the sound system. lotta memories in the car as well. Everything around here in the 60-80k mile range is 9k+ for 5gen and there arent any 4gen's w/ less than 135k miles.

true, i understand unless the car is knocking a rod or something i think it will make it

yeah i just dont want to risk it, my dad's 68 and I dont want him breaking down somewhere in Texas 50 miles from BFE. I dont think hes comfortable with driving it as is, so Ill just bite the bullet and pay Honda to swap the motor.

If I start w/ an h22 what kind of performance can I expect for reasonably cheap down the road. Maybe AEM intake, exhaust, What else will give good hp gains for less $$$.

well it being a auto its hard to say but it will be a big diffrents i have a h22a in my hatch and it destroys all the gt stangs around my town very very easy,if that helps

what could i reasonably expect to top out at with $5k or so over time? Is 250hp attainable without a turbo or super charger? If so what am I looking at doing?

lol what i mean is it will be very easy to get that with a turbo, with out that and no nos, your gona have to resleeve it and stuff cams ect ect and that stuff ant cheap

Lets say mugen headers, aem intake, mugen exhaust, and chip. Do u have any idea approx hp? Would a supercharger be better for the engine? less lag?

just me guessing all that would give you between 175-200hp at the wheels depending on if its tuned

well a buddy of mine had a prelude with a supercharger on it and he didnt like it so he bought a turbo, i wold go with the turbo its free hp and now days the boost lag isnt that bad

Back