F22 To H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gleuen034

I was just wondering if it was possible to take an H22A motor from a gen. 4 Prelude and put it into my gen. 4 Prelude S. What all would this entail, I have heard that it is just different wiring, and i found the wiring diagrams. Thanks for the help.

This has been asked a few times before here, search the Prelude/Accord forum for the details. If you have any specific questions, post them up.

I have searched quite a bit and i havent been able to find anything on my specific swap, i would take the link to these questions if you can find it, but i cant, I just want to know some of the general things i need to know so that i can get started.

It would be the same as any question like "How do I put an H22 into my 92-96 Prelude/92-96 Accord". They're all more or less the same chassis.

Also check the "What Should I Swap" forum.

Ok, I still can't find anything, any help that anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated, either with what i have to change or where i can find past posts. Thanks

ok, I'll start off with my initial question...Can it be done? Second...Is the wiring and ECU the only things that have to be changed? If not, what else needs to be changed? Thanks for the help

It should be hella simple. The H22 came in that chassis, so your mounts will line up. Either tranny will work. Same axles. You'll have to wire VTEC and a knock sensor up to your new ECU.

Next questions?

alright, so thats basically it? Nothing else has to be changed? thanks, ill come back if i run into anymore problems.

ok, another couple of questions, which wires are different? and where can i find a knock sensor? thanks for the help

There shouldn't be ANY different wires. The wiring harness should plug right in, assuming your OBD's match up.

The knock sensor sits on the back of the block, kinda to the right of and below the oil filter. Should come with the engine.

alright, can i just buy a new chip or do i need to buy a whole new box? im talking about the ECU, I am unclear on wether i need the whole thing replaced, because i found a chip butr i was wondering if that would work.

Get a new ECU, either a P13 or a P72. You COULD just chip it, but there's no telling how it's going to run when you do. Then, you'll be out the money for the chip AND a new ECU.

You will not wanna put a h22 in there...and then run the Prelude S tranny..that would be the stupidiest thing in the world...please don't ever do that...that is wasting ur ludes potential.....If ur going turbo maybe u could even swap the h23 tranny..but dont keep the s tranny..

Alright, ealrier you said that I did not need ANY different wires, but i need to hookup the knock sensor, so I do need more wires, are there any others that i should be watching for?

Back