F22 To H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Will the distributor that came with mt JDM engine work alright? I read somewhere that I might have to rplace the the distributor, im not sure on this one, and does anybody know where i can get a p13 ECU?

The distributor will work just fine. You may want to think about replacing at least the cap and rotor inside the distro. My rotor seized the second time I started up my engine, and it ws a pain in the ass replacing it. The ignitor could possibly be bad as well, but it's not as likely.

You can get an ECU from Ebay, or possibly http://www.thepartstrader.com Anyplace esle that actually sells them, it will cost you more. As an option, you can use a P72 from a GSR as well.

If you're using a JDM ECU, you have to switch pins A6 and A11 at the ECU.

The P13 and P72 are completely interchangeable.

the f22 --> h22a swap is very very easy compared to all the other swaps out there. if you have not bought your h22 yet, i suggest going over to hmotorsonline.com because they have some very good deals on complete swaps, they will sell you everytihng u will need to do the swap incluing a 100% start up gaurantee. it doesnt get any better than that. the website will tell you what is included, but simply put, they include everything you will need excpet tools and such. the only other thing i would consider changing is your gauges.. there is a different redline for the h22 vtec compared to the f22... dont wanna rev too hard without knowing what rpms your at ya know. good luck

-T

Well, if the Prelude's gauges are anything like mine, the redline is 6200 rpm, but the gauges go up to 8 grand. That's all you need with the JDM H22, since they hit the fuel cut at around 7800 rpm.

It's always fun having someone in my car who doesn't know much about swaps or what I've done to my car, when I hit VTEC at 5200, hit the old engine's redline and continue climbing up into the red till I shift at 8000 rpm.

:eek: <---- them
:D <--- me

lol dohc, i love when people make faces like :eek: when you switch guages for vtec, do u just look for a wrecked vtec lude if you have a vtec lude to use those guages, like the tach? or do u buy a racing tach?

Back