F22 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
A couple of friends of mine own a car shop and have a bunch of Turbo Colts. Someone on this forum told me today that the 4g63 manifold will fit the F22 with minor modification. I'm going to buy a manifold gasket tomorrow and match it up tomorrow night with the manifold. We'll see if this is true! I hope so, he'll give me a manifold, turbo and small FMIC for free.

Anyone have any tips or reasons it won't work before I get started?

From what i understand the 4g63 mani bolts up to the F22 and H23 without a hitch.

I've heard that, and another person said you just have to open up the 2 holes on the outside for the studs to line up right.

probably. i had my h23 for 2 weeks before it blew...hence the h22 swapped 92 prelude

I've read online that the Greddy Oil Filter adapters suck! Anyone have any real life experience with it? Any better suggestions for getting oil to the turbo?

Thanks! I was searching for GE Sandwich Adapter, but found nothing. The link helps big time!

Anyone one boosted a F22 with a block guard? What kinda boost can the stock block take with or without the guard?

The stock block can handle quite a bit- just like the B series since it doesn't have the funny H series FRM sleeves. I'd hazard a guess at 300whp if you tune it well, but I've never done much research on turbocharging the F blocks- I just remember seeing some numbers in that area.

If you're looking to install a block guard, just make sure you install it correctly... which to most of us around here means welding it in and making sure your cylinder bores are still good after you're done. You might also look into trying the block filling trick in the article on HondaSwap's main page.

^Thanks for the tip. Not sure if I'm going to use the block guard, but your info helps me weigh the scales.

f series may have a closed deck...

and i've seen some ridiculous PSI numbers on stock F sleeves and pistons...

Im quite sure the F22 is an open deck. But you are right. on H-T there are some REDICULOUS NUMBERS on a stock block. 27 psi 480hp kinda numbers.

I almost want another prelude...

As for the adapter I always used FAL sandwich adapters...never had any problem with em.

^Thanks for the tips and info guys!

27psi! WHAT!!

I'm not trying to go THAT crazy, but good to know I have some room for fun :)

Back