F22 uprades for cb7 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hseriescrx

Hey guys i just purchased a 1992 ACCORD EX and im looking to put a 1996 f22 vtec head with the cam off of an f23 vtec motor i was wondering after all that im putting header throttle body spacer and a full stainless exhaust and an intake wat computer should i use to get the most out of the head swap and vtec conversion

search and read.

or jump off a cliff with no safety equipment.

I dont know, i could care less. its YOUR money, YOUR car, and YOUR time.

go search that site, go into the members ride section, look at peoples cars, decide what you want, and buy it.

dont let people make up YOUR mind, if you want opinions, read the thousands of threads that others have made asking for opinions.

F22 VTEC computer would work well; but you'd need an OBD1-OBD2 conversion; or get a P28 and have it chipped.

UBERDATA or HONDATA would be best, with P28 or P72, chipped without knock.

F22 VTEC ECU would run you fine, but without optimal results. Money=Horsepower to a degree.

doing this headswap would be pointless and a waste of time. the increase in power on the f23 doesnt come from the head. besides vtec, its pretty much the same as an f22a head.

he could also run a vtec POA ecu.

doing this headswap would be pointless and a waste of time. the increase in power on the f23 doesnt come from the head. besides vtec, its pretty much the same as an f22a head.

he could also run a vtec POA ecu.
That's what I was gonna say. After having a "modded" F22B1 in my Accord, I got tired of spending money on things that barely increased performance. VTEC on a single-cam engine is pretty much worthless.

F22 motor huh, forget all that NA crap. How about a turbo kit for your car?

F22A NA PWNS. 390hp, 7.9 1/4, what more can you ask for?

if you dont know who im talking about, then go hang yourself.

who cares how much it costs. When you have that much power from an NA SOHC F22, its not about cost anymore. Its all about the engineering at that point.

even for just a 230whp NA F22, it doesnt cost more than 5k if you have the right hook ups. and in todays world, everything is about having the right hook ups.

I've bought 3 motors at once, all i payed was $100 total. All motors were in running conditions too :D Then I sold all of them for 100 each, lol.

oh, and not to knock on you, but 14.5 is not all the impressive for a 16g at 8psi. I just got my car to hit 15.01 @ 93mph(98* F that night). NA f22 DOHC, only thing i have is i/h/e and im tuned.

14.5 on stock injectors with a quick tune on the road. Lets not forget I put less then 1K into performance mods too ;)

I'm not trying to war with you, but not everyone has your endless pockets and its not fuck money for everybody. Dollar to HP ratio is where its at. If it costs you 5-10K to make 390 and it costs me 2K to make 300whp, I'll take the hit in HP and go out to a nice restaurant after the races :)

who said anything about my money? I dont have a 390hp naturally aspirated F22.

and I do NOT have deep pockets.

Im a college student with bills and a part time job, I'm anything but rich.

Like I said, if you dont know who im talking about, you should go hang yourself.

Ya, thanks Ethug :(

My F22 is the SOHC non-Vtec. Not a huge difference but I'm down on power from the start. PLUS, those drag times were on the stock clutch with worn out tires. The belts were showing on the one so I couldnt do a good burnout to warm them up.

Ethugging isn't cool, so no one will hang themselves here today. This is a verbal warning to play nice. This is tech forum, not a "who's who" in the cool world.

Back