f22 with h23 wont turn over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FTPRACING

put a f22b2 94 accord lx motor in 92 prelude si with a h23 5 speed tranny, so i could build my h23 block

problem is starter turns on 'but doesnot turn the flywheel'
it scrapes the edge of the fly but nothing else

any 1 know of a swapable starter to crank the motor up
or a cracker rig or something?

I thought that it was the same starter. I'd double check how you put it together. I've been known to be wrong though.

only one way to put a flywheel on and only one way to put tranny onto the engine
i know im not tha first to use this combo but im not seeing y it wont work

well, if the motor turns freely with a wrench, besides the normal compression, check out the teeth on the starter. Also, the little bendix gear on the starter spins outward to catch on the flywheel, thereby cranking over your engine. It retracts after you let off of the start switch. If for any reason it is not moving properly, is overly worn, or your starter is not sucked up tight, full contact won't be made. Makes an awful sound, and it's not good for your flywheel. "cracker rig" :lol: Park on a hill. You have a stick shift, use your momentum to start the car. Not a great original idea, but hey, I have soft heels. :p

Back