F22a Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

B|ade

Hey guys,

How's it going?

I've got a 92 Accord with an f22a6 engine in it n am looking at doing some serious modifications.

Originally, I was going to do an h22a conversion but I soon realised (After speaking to a couple of people) that it would be best to just turbo my existing engine, which would not only be a bit cheaper but would also give me more power.

I'm thinking of doing the process in three stages:

1. Turbo kit (Including, 450 hp Garrett gt28 ball bearing turbo, intercooler, bov, custom exahust manifold, unichip, air filter, new plugs, dump pipe and exhaust up to cat).
2. Auto to manual conversion (New ecu - Microtech or something).
3. Engine strengthening, 3" exhaust and then winding up the boost to about 15 psi.

Atm, I have a 2.5" cat back exhaust which I'll keep until stage 3.

I've read that the current engine can handle about 7 or 8 psi but I dunno if the auto tranny will hold out on that. So I might just have to run 5 or 6 psi until stage 2 and then I can put it up to about 7 or 8.

I was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas on the work I'm doing or has done it before or anything.

Do you guys reckon it's a good way to go bout the build?

Thanks for your help people

- B|ade

why is it a nightmare to turbo an f22 and/or h22? i am really serious on the h22 swap but still had the thought in mind of just turbocharging what i have, which is a 95 accord lx 2 door.

I have an H22 Lude and an F22 Accord. I am building an extra F22A4 which I had out of my wrecked 93 Lude S which I am gonna build for turbo and replace the F22A1 from my 91 Accord.

My opinion is, build what you got. I like to take what is already there and make it better.

Thanks, Theron <_<

just curious but is there an easy bolt on way to turbo an f22?i am new to imports,don't know much about turbo,but don't the make custom manifolds for the f22?would it be as simple as just bolting the turbo on?i am pretty sure the front of my cord has enough room for a small turbo.don't think i've seen any kits for it though.any thoughts?

Oh Good Lord..... Here We Go... Their Is A reason that no one Makes A "TURBO" Kit for an F series Motor.... That reason iS... NO ONE WANTS One... the F series Is not A top End Honda Motor... For the Amount Of money You are going to spend building that little F series Into a "Street Racer" You Could Have your H22 or 23... Swapped and Polished... Plus stick some Nice APC stickers on to Boot........... And PLaytoy... If your New to imports... You are not Going to Find Anything Easy ... No Swaps No Head Changes and Definately Not Forced induction on an F series... My advice is go to a scrap yard and Buy a B series Or another F series And Build And Develop your skills on a junk motor before you leap off into This nightmare we like to call Honda Diagnostics...
I am really not raggin on you just pointing out that you should practice some before jumping in to all of this......

Originally posted by Daiser@May 30 2003, 05:02 PM
Oh Good Lord..... Here We Go... Their Is A reason that no one Makes A "TURBO" Kit for an F series Motor.... That reason iS... NO ONE WANTS One... the F series Is not A top End Honda Motor...

they make turbo kits for non-vtec SOHC engines, and im pretty sure they arent top of the line.....

they have F series manifolds, but u just gotta look for them....
or else u can just custom make ur own....

What about the Swap parts he is going to need for running forced induction?? The Parts That are Going to need to be Made ummmmm... Stronger ?? He asked for an Easy Way... As in Bolt on ... And I pointed Out that there Is not one... And that a Motor Swap Would Be money "Mo Betta" Spent....

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol+May 30 2003, 05:09 PM-->
@May 30 2003, 05:02 PM
Oh Good Lord..... Here We Go... Their Is A reason that no one Makes A "TURBO" Kit for an F series Motor.... That reason iS... NO ONE WANTS One... the F series Is not A top End Honda Motor...

they make turbo kits for non-vtec SOHC engines, and im pretty sure they arent top of the line.....

they have F series manifolds, but u just gotta look for them....
or else u can just custom make ur own....

Yes, there is a turbo kit for the F-series motor and F-max makes a turbo kit for the 94-97 accord which the EX model has the Vtec f-series motor in it.

Thought I would let you guys know.. i got around to my engine after the turbo nuked it! Yep accord vtec f22 motor! Just having the oil pan off I collected a cup full of metal! Than i accidentaly hit the motor into something and one of my connecting rod caps fell out! I have never seen metal bend like that before.. The endcaps that hold it to the crank was destroyed and bent to fuck! If I was you peoples who are think of turboing the f22 dont do it! or just dont run 9psi or your motor will be on your garage floor and the new h22 going in like me! :worthy: I guess it turned out for the better! :fuckyou2:

Originally posted by Daiser@May 30 2003, 05:02 PM
Oh Good Lord..... Here We Go... Their Is A reason that no one Makes A "TURBO" Kit for an F series Motor.... That reason iS... NO ONE WANTS One... the F series Is not A top End Honda Motor... For the Amount Of money You are going to spend building that little F series Into a "Street Racer" You Could Have your H22 or 23... Swapped and Polished... Plus stick some Nice APC stickers on to Boot........... And PLaytoy... If your New to imports... You are not Going to Find Anything Easy ... No Swaps No Head Changes and Definately Not Forced induction on an F series... My advice is go to a scrap yard and Buy a B series Or another F series And Build And Develop your skills on a junk motor before you leap off into This nightmare we like to call Honda Diagnostics...
I am really not raggin on you just pointing out that you should practice some before jumping in to all of this......

I dont like you :newbie: Play nice now! :fuckyou3:

Well i got it done guys! What a mess lol! Spraying nitrous than adding a turbo makes for a blown motor! I got a rod bent which damaged the botttom of the side wall which now has a big chip at the bottom! I have valves partially open! Im figuring there bent and cant seem to close all the way or im just dumb and they are suppost to be like that! :blink: other than that the other 3 rods are ok and all of the pistons seem to be ok! Also i thought i would use my 6puck powergrip on the h22 since it bolts up and is only less than a year old... to bad cheap POS is already burned up! :wtf:

just curious but is there an easy bolt on way to turbo an f22?i am new to imports,don't know much about turbo,but don't the make custom manifolds for the f22?would it be as simple as just bolting the turbo on?i am pretty sure the front of my cord has enough room for a small turbo.don't think i've seen any kits for it though.any thoughts?

Go to advancedjdmparts.com they make a turbo setup with all the parts you need for the F series engine, Trust me you can build up an F22 motor better than an H series motor. The stock internals on the F22 are better built than the H22 so you dont have to put alot of money into the engine to run a turbo, but keep the boost low aroun 7-9 psi this will give you the best output without blowing your engine.

It's been 6.5 years. He probably has another car by now.

Welcome to HondaSwap, by the way. Check the dates next time!

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back