F22a1 bouncing revs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F22HB

I have an F22a1 from a 92 accord in my civic 90. When the revs get anything above idle and are held constant the engine will rev up and down like crazy. My friend has an accord with the same F22a1 and it does almost the same thing. I don't know what could cause this but any help would be nice.

Maybe, but the engine ran fine without that problem before I put it in my car. If it were to be a sensor not hooked up (most likely) which could it be? I got all the vaccum hoses hooked back up right.

check and see if the IACV is plugged in.. its on the back of the intake manifold

check and see if the IACV is plugged in.. its on the back of the intake manifold

:werd:

he beat me to it.

I will say that unplugging the tps usually makes the idle settle down, but the tps isnt usually the problem. if youre willing to take your chances without a tps (i wouldnt) then i guess you can drive it that way too.

Hey, thanks a bunch. The engine fits so tight that when we were slipping it in we ended up breaking that off.... so, it probly is that. The sensor is still good, just the plug is broken off. A few solders tomorrow and we'll see if that was it. Thanks.

well.. if the plug broke off.. then thats your problem

Back