F22a1 Engine Vtec Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be done, but the time and money you spend on doing it are going to seriously outweigh just dropping an full H22 longblock and tranny into the car.

the f22a1 is not sohc...its DOHC
but your right it isn't vtec... that is why i was wondering about the head swap

the F22a I am talking about is for the prelude and yes the prelude is DOHC

ohh!?!?! the prelude head? i thought u were talking about the accord head. :doh: :kick: thats a very good question that now im interested about. i will ask my machanic about this. :D

Not all Preludes were DOHC's. The 92-96 Prelude S had an F22A1, which was SOHC non-VTEC, just like the F22A1's that were in the 90-93 Accords. Same engine. Trust me on this one. The only dual-cam F-series engines that exist are the F20B in the JDM Accord SiR and SiR-T and the F20C in the S2000. Anyone wanna bet?

you are correct sir...about the h22 head on the f22...i have actually heard of it being done...it is soooo not worth it though...first of all, you have to use the f22 tranny, because i am almost positive a h22 tranny will not bolt up and the f22 trannys suck ass...second, it is pretty hard finding parts for the f22, as far as the bottom end goes...

Right, it can be done, but there's no reason to, other than to say "Look how cool I am with a DOHC head on a SOHC block".

The F-series (aside from the F20C) and H-series trannies are interchangeable.

Not all Preludes were DOHC's. The 92-96 Prelude S had an F22A1, which was SOHC non-VTEC..

wrong... its a dohc non vtec :D

Originally posted by civic_SI_hatch@May 23 2003, 03:33 AM
wrong... its a dohc non vtec :D

Please show me a picture of an engine bay with a dual-cam F22. I'd love to see one, since they don't exist.

:rant:

deadhorse.jpg

Why can't people understand that if you are going to call someone out on thier info you have to show some proof. Either show us an F22 that is DOHC or shut the fuck up

i dont see you proving anything... so why dont you shut the f... up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back