F22a1 swapped to H22a4 problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sparky2211

Well here starts my trouble. I swapped a h22a4 into my 96 prelude because i blew my f22a1 from boost. I have everything installed besides the axles and and a couple other misc things. Heres the problem. I can get the engine to crank over, But i get no fuel or spark. Could this be because i am using the H22 harness up to the strut tower and then the f22 harness from there on to the ECU? Would it be better to swap out the ENTIRE harness have splice all wires so that it is just the H22 harness with nothing F22 anymore? If someone could please let me know that would be awesome!

Thanks,
Ryan

If you went from external coil to internal coil, you'll need to splice one wire to get spark.

Search this forum, or read my guide for that info.

its the injectors. h22a4 is a saturated injector setup while the f22 is a peak and hold system. you need to ditch the resistor box but im not sure how to do it.

Quoted post[/post]]
its the injectors. h22a4 is a saturated injector setup while the f22 is a peak and hold system. you need to ditch the resistor box but im not sure how to do it.

But would that make it so that i am not getting any spark? The coil isn't putting out any power and i am not getting any spark at all...

i made the same mistake. if its internal. i spliced the thick yellow wire. and nothing. but i put a test probe on it and its the thinner black wire on the same connector.

Quoted post[/post]]
i made the same mistake. if its internal. i spliced the thick yellow wire. and nothing. but i put a test probe on it and its the thinner black wire on the same connector.

Wow.. now i am confused! Anywho i am getting power to the coil from the Green wire (Ignitor) and i am getting power from the Black w/yellow stripe wire. Still nothing coming out from the coil though. I tried a new one, but maybe that one is bad too. i got it from the junk yard.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Wow.. now i am confused! Anywho i am getting power to the coil from the Green wire (Ignitor) and i am getting power from the Black w/yellow stripe wire. Still nothing coming out from the coil though. I tried a new one, but maybe that one is bad too. i got it from the junk yard.
If you have external coil, and your wiring is for external coil, why change anything? Did I miss something?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

If you have external coil, and your wiring is for external coil, why change anything? Did I miss something?

Anywho i found out that it is the "Immobilizer" in the ECU... now i need to work around that somehow..

I would use a conversion harness and run and OBD1 ECU. It wouldn't have an immobilizer. Otherwise, you'd need to change a bunch of shit.

Another option is to get an OBD2 ECU without immobilizer.

I am just deciding to sell the swap instead. 1,000 without the Transmission and 1,300 with. You guys should know this is a pretty damn good price considering it is a COMPLETE swap. If anyone is interested let me know. Local pickup only though

So this was my question....I have a 93 prelude s model with the f22a1....i found an h22a4 for $500.....can i swap the h22a4 if so what do i need...full engine, ecu and wiring harness from the h22a4 donor car engine to ecu?

Back