f22a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrm190

will the f22b vtec head fit on the f22a1 .but i would have to change ecu and hook up the vtec solenoid.

Yes to all of your questions.

However, after all is said and done, you'll be spending a little less or a little more than $1000 for 10 horsepower to the wheels, tops.

Still want to do it?

if you are willing to spend 1k on 10 hp, why not just hold off for awhile and spend 2.5k on a supercharger for 50-60 hp just a thought

Or you could do my setup. f22b head with a cutsom turbo setup for under a grand. YOu will be able to run about 7-8psi with a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator and no mods to the block.I could probally get that f22b head for cheaper. If you want one let me know.

As far as I know, no one makes a supercharger for the F-series engines.

And why spend all that cash on a VTEC head when the stock head from the F22A1 is damn near the same thing? SOHC VTEC exists for fuel economy only. It does little for performance.

I am not 100% sure about superchargers for the h-series, but I am pretty sure that jackson racing makes one. Like I say though, dont quote me on that.

Yes, Jackson does make one for an H22. I know two people running them.

EDIT: I think they're only for 5th gen Preludes (H22A4) though.

So arent f-series and h-series, somewhat compatible,(honestly I thought this was a h22 question, not a f22 question, so I was talking about something completely different) I know nothing about f-series. oops

Depends on what you mean by "compatible".

Can they share trannies? Yep.
Can they share valvetrain parts? Nope.
Can they care miscellaneous block parts, like rods and crank pulleys? Yep.
Can you swap heads from one to another? Yeah, but only with lots and lots of modifications.
Can they share headers? Nope.

A Jackson kit for an H-series won't work with an F-series.

There's a quick lesson in F-series vs. H-series. :D

Thanks for using tact, instead of trying to rip me and try to prove my inferior knowledge on f-series engines ya basically just helped me out for next time, and I know now that if I am going f/i on my "future" h22 that I cant use a f-22 supercharger on it. :) thanks

No problem. If you had caught me on a grumpy day, it may have been a little different. :D

So are you saying that a supercharger kit exists for an F-series engine?

May i ask what exactly is involved in fitting the H22 head to the F22a1 block? I'm asking because i'm rebuilding an F22a1 to go into my prelude. This is the first time i've messed with H/F series and preludes in general; i'm used to D/B series and civics.

First off, the bores don't match. Second, a custom headgasket would need to be used since the decks are different shapes/sizes. Need more info? Trust me, it isn't worth it. You'll go many times over in cost trying to do that versus just swapping a full DOHC engine.

Thanks a lot, thats all i need to know. One more thing though, i heard that a DSM turbo manifold will fit the H23 and the F22 (90-94) with little modification, can anyone verify this?

Back