F22B DOHC JDM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rspecimports

What's up? i've gotta '94 accord that i'm swapping a F22B DOHC into and i just wanted to know what kind of wiring woes i might run into while doing the swap. the engine is in really good shape i've done a complete rebuild on it and i'm finally ready to put it in. any help would be appreciated.

:whatafucktard:

Dont listen to the previous post. If he looks in the engine reference section of this site, he will know different.

I don't think your wiring will be that bad. I would expect that since the F22B is a Jap engine, it will only have one fan switch. My H22A had a knockout in the front waterneck that could have been drilled for the switch. I found it was a lot easier to just rob the water neck from my F22A1. Another option would be to run both fans from the single switch, but that would call for more wiring.

You can probably use your same harness, just mark well where each wire and hose goes to, and lengthen as needed.

Check before you start, because I don't know, if your distributor is internal or external. My H22A was internal, and one plug entering the distributor was not present(one less plug than the original engine). All I had to do was find the wire that was hot with the ignition key on, and I tapped into the positive side of the coil through a wire on the outside of the distributor that was already there. :sleep:

Your power steering hose will probably not be right. Use the pump that came with that engine, and probably a H22A or H23 hose/line. I also kept my AC. Leave the lines connected in the car, and pull it all out of the way. To make the belts line up, I ended up using the accord bracket on the AC pump. Also, there were a different number of grooves for the pulleys. I went with the common denominator. Since the grooves lined up, I used the belt with one less groove. I tried to just swap pulleys, but they didn't mount the same if I remember right.

I don't believe that you have a knock sensor, and no VTEC to wire, so this should be a pretty straight forward swap. I hope I helped you more than I confused you.

Good Luck

hey fucktard obviously you need to look in the engine reference section yourself, becuase it says that the F22b motors came in the accord dx/lx/ex and the prelude S, if you knew your shit you would know that these are SOHC motors not DOHC motors.

Originally posted by blink1_8_2dude@Jul 27 2003, 10:42 PM
hey fucktard obviously you need to look in the engine reference section yourself, becuase it says that the F22b motors came in the accord dx/lx/ex and the prelude S, if you knew your shit you would know that these are SOHC motors not DOHC motors.

Your an ass dude, an F22B is a Dohc motor. stop trying to be a know it all ass. Open you eyes first

The F22B1 and F22B2 are SOHC engines that came in 94-97 Accords, both USDM and JDM.

The F22B is a DOHC non-VTEC engine that came in JDM-only Preludes.

look sorry i flew off the handle, i dont like confrontations yall were right, I was wrong I admit that. And sorry for the whole fucktard thing, is all forgiven and forgotten???

well, i appreciate the info. sorry to cause such an uproar about whether the engine exists or not. i hope you guys have worked everything out and can play like good boys. once again, thanx for the good information.

Forgiven, forgotten....sorry I was so harsh. ;)

Back