f22b head questions! h23 or what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got hooked up w a tuner project in limbo, I'll explain. 95 accord coupe w a f22b jdm engine, meant for some sort of twin cam head. it has a single cam head on it but came w an incomplete h23 in the trunk. what head is this on my car?? (forgive my ignorance im new). So i need to change something for sure. Do i go w the h23 set up or f22b dohc vtec? I'm planning turbo btw. I wanna compare $ to performance. Hook me up w ur wisdom and experiance.

I don't think you can put the dohc head on the sohc short block.

You can when it comes to the F/H-series engines actually. There's a guy on another forum I frequent who put an H23 head on his F22 Prelude and boosted it.

Anyway, to the OP: there is no such thing as a dual-cam F22B with VTEC. As far as I know there's a non-VTEC dual-cam F22, and a single-cam VTEC F22, but no dual-cam VTEC. Are you thinking of an H22 maybe?

Oh, and ignore my remark in the other thread about starting your own. I didn't see that you'd already started a new one when I wrote that...

Yeah, no vtec here. Know a vtec fits, maybe it was sohc. Not really wanting vtec. I just need to know if goin h23 w a turbo has been successful enuf. Frankensteins have their rep, wondering if goin w a more stock head is appropriate. Any idea what this sohc is on my f22b? It was put on jus to drive till h23 was ready. It runs rich.

Back