1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f22b head questions! h23 or what?

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 1st_tunerproject, Mar 28, 2008.

1. 1st_tunerproject

1st_tunerproject New Member

I got hooked up w a tuner project in limbo, I'll explain. 95 accord coupe w a f22b jdm engine, meant for some sort of twin cam head. it has a single cam head on it but came w an incomplete h23 in the trunk. what head is this on my car?? (forgive my ignorance im new). So i need to change something for sure. Do i go w the h23 set up or f22b dohc vtec? I'm planning turbo btw. I wanna compare $ to performance. Hook me up w ur wisdom and experiance.

2. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

I don't think you can put the dohc head on the sohc short block.

3. 1st_tunerproject

im new but i thought its common knowledge the h23 twin cam fits the f22b quite well

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You can when it comes to the F/H-series engines actually. There's a guy on another forum I frequent who put an H23 head on his F22 Prelude and boosted it.

Anyway, to the OP: there is no such thing as a dual-cam F22B with VTEC. As far as I know there's a non-VTEC dual-cam F22, and a single-cam VTEC F22, but no dual-cam VTEC. Are you thinking of an H22 maybe?

Oh, and ignore my remark in the other thread about starting your own. I didn't see that you'd already started a new one when I wrote that...

5. 1st_tunerproject

Yeah, no vtec here. Know a vtec fits, maybe it was sohc. Not really wanting vtec. I just need to know if goin h23 w a turbo has been successful enuf. Frankensteins have their rep, wondering if goin w a more stock head is appropriate. Any idea what this sohc is on my f22b? It was put on jus to drive till h23 was ready. It runs rich.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

So you're not sure what head is on the engine now? Or you're not sure what engine is in it?

Oh, here's a link to the guy I was talking about earlier with the H23 head on his turbo F22 Prelude motor: HondaShowOff.com - Michael Modica's: 1994 Honda Prelude G23-T

Maybe you could contact him and ask him how easy/hard the install was and how it runs...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted