1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f22b in 90 accord

Discussion in 'Accord' started by brody_, May 26, 2008.

1. brody_

brody_ New Member

hey there im thinking about getting a f22b and swaping it into my accord, im just curious to how much of a job it is gonna be?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

easy

3. brody_

brody_ New Member

i didnt think it would'nt
    be, im looking at one on torontojdm.com but its an automatic, i was thinking i could just switch my tranny but then i thought maybe the ecu wouldnt work, this is what my friend said at least, and neaither of were sure about the odb or really what odb was.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

i hope your not in a rush because i recommend you read a ton more before you spend a dime.

OBD = On Board Diagnostics. it has to do mainly with troubleshooting and emissions. and you really need to be worried about emissions (or not, if it's a track only car).

why F22B?

hmotorsonline.com is good as well.

the ecu is dependant on auto or manual. good lookin out. an auto F22B ecu is different than a manual F22B ecu. there's actually an extra on the early automatic accords, a tcu (transmission control unit), not necessary of course for manual.

what's the goals/purpose for the car?

if you want some more power, an H22 would also be easy to swap in.

5. brody_

brody_ New Member

yea i no the h22 is as easy and more power but i really dont have the money for that right now and my motor is kinda on its way out, so im looking for nice motor that can put out a bit of power and not so costly.

6. 93AccordEX

93AccordEX New Member

Welcome to the broke dreamers club... I run the club :D

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

What you've said here is a contradiction. If you want an upgrade, then you need to throw down some bucks. If your budget is very limited, then you should probably just stick with another F22...

8. brody_

brody_ New Member

that was my original thought, and starting to think its the easyest way, id like to drop a h22 now, if i could i would. but i really dont have the money for it so i think i am just gonna find another f22 around me with less kms.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted