F22B in 91 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91acord

1st off my car is a 91 accord lx 5-speed. 2nd I was wondnering if this engine(F22B) would bolt right in(could i use my stock tranny and ecu)? Also how hard is going from no OBD to OBD1...? Thanks

Chris

get an h22. lots easier and more commpnly donr. more people will be able to give you better quality posts about it.

Well i wasnt asking about an h22, my cai sucked in water in a flood we had and my motor blew. I dont have the money right now so i was wondering about this engine... any help would be appricated, thanks

yes it is pretty much a straight drop in. you'd have to wire vtec, a knock sensor, etc.

Well, it depends on whether he means an F22B1, an F22B2 or a true F22B -

F22B1: Wire VTEC
F22B2: More or less a straight drop in
F22B: Probably a knock sensor, not much else

Hey man, I got the same car as you. We come stock with an F221...the F22B is just a step up from what we got now. Better off goin with an H22A1 from the prelude. Its an easy bolt in motor for our cars.

Well, it depends on whether he means an F22B1, an F22B2 or a true F22B -

:werd:

To answer your question, yes. Any H or F series engine should bolt right in, with little or no modification to your mounts. Even easier with the F series. You can use your tranny, and MAYBE your ecu. Depends on the exact engine that you get. Little things might change, but they bolt up about the same.

Check the reference section for the differences in HP, torque, VTEC or Non-Vtec, Single or Dual OverHead Cams (DOHC)

It bolts in much like an H or F series engine.

That one you listed doesn't come with a tranny though...

Back