f22b into a 93 accord lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93f22a1

hey guys so i have an oppotunity to get a f22b vtec but im not sure it will work. ill get the engine wiring harness and ecu. what will i need to get it to work in place of the origional f22a1?

I put a f22b2 in my 93 with the f22a6... I dont know how different the b1 is from the b2 besides mine being non-vtec.

Well, I was able to use parts between the two to make it work, but I will try to list what I can think of.

I used the f22b2 with intake and exhaust manifold, so the exhaust needed to be redone, and vacuum hoses re-routed, (I still dont have a place for the hose to the cruise controller or motor mount) I put the wiring harness from my car on the manifold/engine because the b2's harness didnt plug into the harness on the body, I had to swap flexplates, which I wish I would have noticed or known before I started. I used the ac comp and mount from the a6, and the power steering pump and alt from the b2, as well as the harmonic balancer from the a6. I had to modify the power steering hose on the car to fit the b2's pump. The motor mount that goes thru the timing cover had to be switched from the a6 to the b2 and it kinda bolted up, as well as the plastic cover.

It really bolted together, I just went about it the wrong way, thinking that I was going to be able to keep my intake manifold from the a6 and put it on the b2, which is not possible. It ended up taking more time than I planned because I stripped the b2 down to the block and head, and when I went to put my a6 manifold on it I realized that the ports are different and it wouldn't work, so I had to take a different approach. It runs good now tho...4 cylinders are better than 3!

Well, I was able to use parts between the two to make it work, but I will try to list what I can think of.

I used the f22b2 with intake and exhaust manifold, so the exhaust needed to be redone, and vacuum hoses re-routed, (I still dont have a place for the hose to the cruise controller or motor mount) I put the wiring harness from my car on the manifold/engine because the b2's harness didnt plug into the harness on the body, I had to swap flexplates, which I wish I would have noticed or known before I started. I used the ac comp and mount from the a6, and the power steering pump and alt from the b2, as well as the harmonic balancer from the a6. I had to modify the power steering hose on the car to fit the b2's pump. The motor mount that goes thru the timing cover had to be switched from the a6 to the b2 and it kinda bolted up, as well as the plastic cover.

It really bolted together, I just went about it the wrong way, thinking that I was going to be able to keep my intake manifold from the a6 and put it on the b2, which is not possible. It ended up taking more time than I planned because I stripped the b2 down to the block and head, and when I went to put my a6 manifold on it I realized that the ports are different and it wouldn't work, so I had to take a different approach. It runs good now tho...4 cylinders are better than 3!

Really the b2's harness didnt fit the car cabin harness? Did your b2 come from a 96-97 accord? The 94-95 b2 is Obd1 and is supposed to plug into the A6's obd1 cabin harness at the shock tower. You can look in the front of the head for a date. You used the b2's drivers side mount or bracket. Im assuming you mean you used the b2's bracket. Did you end up having to notch the cross member so the exhaust manifold would pass? What about the transmission mounts, you just use the A6 trans, bracket and mount there? I wanna know.....thanx

Ya the harnesses are similar with connections and lengths, but a few of the plugs were different. It was from a 94. I kept the original transmission in the car, and its mount. The exhaust didn't have any interference issues, I just used the manifold and down tube from the b2, and then welded it into the rest of the exhaust that was on the car, I kept the 02 senor bung in the exhaust where it was originally, under the firewall, and there is one in the manifold as well,(obviously only the one under the firewall is wired up) And lastly for the drivers motor mount, I put the mount that went with the car back in, so the one from the a6, I put on the b2. I would put up pics but it wont let me attach anything yet.

I would put up pics but it wont let me attach anything yet.

Do it when you get a chance if you will. So you used both the A6's drivers side mount and bracket on the b2 then? Reason im so into this is I may be starting on a F22b1/Cb7 swap here soon and just wanna be prepared.

I will put up some pics if I am ever allowed too, The rules said 15 posts which I have now... maybe I have to be approved or something.

I think I can now! The pic with the mount attached is the b2 with the a6 mount, and you can see the difference between the holes in the block, but they do line up. I used the cover from the a6 on the b2 because it has a larger opening to clear the mount. Let me know if there are other pics that could help or other info you may need.

Attachments

• DSCN1704.JPG
    DSCN1704.JPG
    744.7 KB · Views: 1,046
  • DSCN1697.JPG
    DSCN1697.JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 4,578
  • DSCN1698.JPG
    DSCN1698.JPG
    684.9 KB · Views: 1,120
O yeah, one thing I forgot was the fuel line hooks up at the opposite end of the rail, so the line didn't reach, but I got some stainless line to make it work.

what about your throttle cable? did you have to change it?

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 1,456
Last edited:
^ I posted in your thread, but yes, I had to change it by making a different bracket. I will post up a pic tomorrow (here and there)

Pretty simple, but make sure whatever you make it will be reliable and not cause it to bind or stick.

Attachments

• DSCN1977.JPG
    DSCN1977.JPG
    928 KB · Views: 1,439
^ Ummm did you read anything written above? The motor bolts in kinda but there are a few things that dont. We had a6 motors.

Back