F22B Prelude ECT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nookapleaze

I just recentely put a F22B into my 92 Honda Prelude SI and I have everything running fine except it's throwing error code 6. I replaced three sensors: One near the distributor towards the front of the engine, the one under the distributor, and the one in the back near the radiator hose. It's still giving me error code 6 though so I tried to reset the ECU to clear the codes. I tried everything and even called the dealer and they told me to leave the battery unplugged for 24 hours and that didn't even work. I'm not sure whether there is another sensor I need to replace or if I just need to reset the ECU to clear the codes. Are there any other sensors? Did I replace the right ones? How do I reset the ECU and clear the codes? I've tried everything! Please help!

unhook the battery or just pull the fuse to reset the ecu

sounds like you did not fix the problem...

what ecu are you using?

I've unhooked the battery several times for long and short periods of time. I did the procedure from the shop manual and I've tried pulling the ECU fuse... Nothing... I have no idea what else I could do to fix error code 6. I've replaced everything that has to do with the code. I dont know what else there is. My guess was that the problem is fixed but the ECU won't reset but I'm obviously wrong about that. And I have no idea what ECU is in it... It's just whatever comes stock in a 92 Honda Prelude SI. Could it be messing up because this engine is an F22B and the old one was an H23A1? I've never heard anything about the ECU screwing up with a different engine but I don't much about that so can someone please help?!

I need to get this car fixed!

you;re still getting a code cause you didn;t fix it

what happened to the car?
why does it now have the stock motor in it now?
did you do the swap?
what engine harness was useD?

you have a B, B1, or B2?

have you had this problem since the swap was done?

The car was stock with an H23A1 in it and the motor blew up so we ordered a F22B JDM rebuilt engine. The swap was done by my dad and a friend of ours who are both very experienced in mechanics. We used the wiring harness from the old motor and yes this has been a problem since the swap. Actually I may have figured out the problem. We never switched the intake manifold from the JDM motor which is connected to one of the ECT sensors. So I'm gonna switch that over to my old one and hopefully that will fix the problem!

Back