F22B swap into 95 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zhiryst

Hi guys, I'm new here. I am helping a friend of mine swap an engine into his accord. his engine died on the highway a couple months ago. The timing belt tensioner broke and doesn't turn over. He found a f22b motor and ecu used from a friend of his. It sounded a little sketchy, but he did some searching and talked to a few people who told him that it would fit and everything would bolt up fine. It originally had the 2.2 liter 4 cylinder sohc (f22b2). so, with this jumbled info, he asked me for help. In the past, I've swapped the engine in my tiburon with a few friends, and I've helped out other people. I only stayed with Hyundai's up till this point, but I have a CRX I want to start working on, so I figured, why not?

We got a distributor from a h23 preludeto solve the problem that the one in the new motor was a different kind (internal connection to the coil). Bolted the new ECU, though from searching here, i may have to switch a couple wires. then we removed the old engine this past tuesday. Now we started playing with the coolant pump, I've done a little bit of searching, and the accord pump looks like it should work. This is where our real problem began. We took off the driver's side mount off the accord engine, walked it to the new motor, and it doesn't bolt up!

the accord mount connects to the block with 2 bolt holes, maybe 1.5 to 2 inches apart. The new block has 3 holes for the mount, the most distant holes being around 3 inches apart. It doesn't line up. I've tried searching with no luck. Have any of you guys had this problem? would a mount from a prelude work?

well, thanks for all the help guys, really. :wacko: the swap is done and we have it up and running. the one problem we're having is that the idle is high. its running at around 2200-2500 rpms depending wether the fan is running or not. the motor and ecu came from a 95 jdm prelude with auto tranny. like i said earlier, we used the US prelude h23 distributor cap so use the external coil, since the wiring harness is setup that way. Also since we had to use the accords wiring harness setup, we used the accord's(f22b2) throttle body alongside the jdm prelude (f22b) intake manifold. I'm guessing the problem is coming from one of those 2 areas, but i'm not familiar enough with hondas to figure it out. I also read stuff about swapping 2 pins on the ECU when doing the h23 swap, which we haven't done, but would it be relative to this problem?

Quoted post[/post]]
well, thanks for all the help guys, really. :wacko: the swap is done and we have it up and running. the one problem we're having is that the idle is high. its running at around 2200-2500 rpms depending wether the fan is running or not. the motor and ecu came from a 95 jdm prelude with auto tranny. like i said earlier, we used the US prelude h23 distributor cap so use the external coil, since the wiring harness is setup that way. Also since we had to use the accords wiring harness setup, we used the accord's(f22b2) throttle body alongside the jdm prelude (f22b) intake manifold. I'm guessing the problem is coming from one of those 2 areas, but i'm not familiar enough with hondas to figure it out. I also read stuff about swapping 2 pins on the ECU when doing the h23 swap, which we haven't done, but would it be relative to this problem?

Possibly. You'd switch pins A6 and A11. I believe you WOULD need to do this, unlike with older 90-93 Accords.

Back