F22B to H23a1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rbflurry

Hi everyone hope you can help.

i have a 93 si prelude with a f22b engine in it with a p14-a11 ecu in it. i was told that it was swapped in there shortly before i bought the car.

i just bought a 92 si with a rebuilt h23a1 with a p14-a10 ecu. my question is what would be needed for the swap.i want to put the h23a1 in my 93 prelude and can i expect a difference in power?
thanks
Ryan

Is there something wrong with the 92? Why not just drive that and get rid of the 93?

yeah the guy we bought it from decided to cut the bottom out to make a tube chassie for it. so its not drivable. even though i wish i could cause it has a nice paint job on it.

Oh, well in that case, the swap should be rather easy. Just pull everything out of both cars, and reinstall the H23 and it's transmission and ECU into the 93 chassis. It's a straight bolt in...

ok .so im assuming the harness would stay with the h23? thank you very much.

Yeah, you can just take the harness off of the H23 and see if it will plug up to the other car's chassis harness. If not, then it shouldn't be hard to make the F22's harness work...

swap went well. had some problems with the tranny and engine at first. $400 later and new valve seals its running and on the road. still having some idle issues. But other than that i proved to my parents i can do it.

h23a to h22a vtec

Hey wondering if you could help me out. I have a '93 prelude and the H23 in it blew so I bought an H22A vtec for it from jdmtigerjapanese.com and I was wondering if you would know if it needs different wiring because of the vtec.

Back