1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F22b1 block H23a1 head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Mroess992, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Mroess992

Mroess992 New Member

Hey everyone I am new here and I haven't been able to find the information I have been looking for anywhere on the internet... I have 2 complete engines a F22b1 out of a 95 accord and a H23a1 out of my 95 prelude... The H23 block is hurt and needs sleeves, the head on the F22 is shot but save able if I want to put new valve seats and guides in it. What I want to do is bore out the f22 block the 3mm to make it a 2.3l throw the h23 head on it and add boost... I have a list of parts that I know I am going to have to get I am just wondering if I have forgotten anything...
    I know I am going to need
    1. New crank
    2. New cams
    3. H-beam rods
    4. Some nice forged pistons
    5. Bigger injectors
    6. Remapped ECM
    ECT... I am mainly looking to see where I should go and what brands I should try to use and what ones I should stay away from

2. Mroess992

Mroess992 New Member

Any help, ideas, and advice would be greatly appreciated

3. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

There are many many many factors on a build like this number one being budget

4. Mroess992

Mroess992 New Member

Well I am going to be putting about 500 a month into it, I have a lot of spare parts lying around and I would like to keep it in that budget I am in no rush to get it done but i am also looking for suspension parts that are higher performance

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Right on man welcome to Honda swap, you should start off by posting a build thread with pictures of your car and the motors we are working with there are different varients of each with obd wiring etc but yea

6. Mroess992

Mroess992 New Member

Don't have a working camera on my phone, but I did snap a few of the two cars I am starting with two complete cars so I can guarantee that I will have the correct harnesses for everything... The donor car is a 96 accord that was running and driving and the project car is a 95 prelude si. Here is the pic of the accord will get the one of my prelude tomorrow when I wake up for work _2.IMG_20161215_125857.jpg

7. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

95 is obd1 96 is obd2

8. Mroess992

Mroess992 New Member

9. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

as in they are different obd generation motors wiring/sensors are different

10. Mroess992

Mroess992 New Member

I have access to a accord with obd1 wiring but I didn't think it would matter because I was going to use the head and distributor and intake off of the 95 if it all fits

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted