F22B1 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91SiF22B

Ok guys need some help.

just picked up 1991 Civic HB.Its going to be a full blown race car and i am going to be building up an F22B1 engine out of my recently dead 96 accord EX. heres what im planning on doing, and no, im not a dreaming kid, this is seriously going down. I have all winter to do it, so im not in any big hurry. just trying to plan. so here is my plan so far.

completely forged engine
big turbo (garret t28 or larger)
huge intercooler (it will be replacing the front bumper entirely)
200 shot nitrous
completely gutted car
12-pt cage
fuel cell and battery in trunk

basically- what i want is simple: a leightweight car that consists of an engine, a transaxle, and a turbo, that will FLY down a racetrack. i dont want anything on that car that doesnt absolutely need to be there. anything that can come off that doesnt HAVE to be there will come off.

this is kinda the basic platform i have right now. im going to be doing it right, though.

my only brickwall so far is that i am a little, for lack of a better word, DUMB about honda engines. so i need more info. i have some questions that i am kinda broadcasting around hondaswap.com because friends and friends of friends suggested going here first.

1: how similar is the F and H series engines? it seems as if all the info i am getting (as to how to put the engine in, and what adapters, mounter mounts, etc.) is all the same, or im being told to use the same procedure and whatnot as the H-series. i know the h-series engine is DOHC and the F22B1 that i have is SOHC, so is this the only difference?

2: on that same note, how would i convert the F series into a DOHC? could i just get a head for it and a DOHC VTEC computer? (you can probobly see now that i am QUITE lacking in honda knowledge)

3: and on another note of a note: if the PS, AC, ALT, etc etc are removed (since it is going to be a track car ONLY) will it be a significant difference in the computer? well, im trying to word it as if: am i only going to need the computer to run the ignition and the vtec? how would i be able to get by with not using a computer at all? would some kind of module be able to prevent this?

as you can see, my plan is to make one BEAST of a honda. if anyone, and i mean ANYONE can have a part in helping in anyway to provide some kind of info or resources it would be very, and i mean VERY much appreciated.

I would also like to say THANK YOU so very much to the 2 guys that have already helped me SO much on here- you know who you are.

thank you,

Nick

there is a thread on how to put an h22 head onto the f22/f23 block. its move involved than just putting the head on. you have to block coolant/oil passages and modify the headgasket. that is not something for a beginner. you would need a p72 ecu with hondata, crome or something of that nature to run boost.

my other question is why run boost and nitrous? id use a much bigger turbo. and no nitrous.

also why use such a big intercooler? if it is as big as you are making it seem. you will loose pressure with something that big

its not going to be the size of the front bumper. im just saying that it is probobly going to be so big that it will not fit, and since the front bumper on the car is trashed anyway, i was just going to junk it to make room for the intercooler.

so is this computer that your talking about going to be able to run just the vtec and the ignition and be easily programmed for the boost? or am i going to have to take the car to a 300 dollar per hour guy to tune? (which would probably be best, having it dyno-tuned, huh?)

well, i am going to make a post starting next week when i start to have the time to rip the car apart, along with pictures and such so you guys can follow me on this. thanks a lot.

go to xenocron.com for ecu its only 75bucks for 2 basemaps and he is good

go to xenocron.com for ecu its only 75bucks for 2 basemaps and he is good

the p72 is the integra gsr ecu. it runs vtec etc. the p28 is another option out of soch vtec civics. the p28 is cheaper. hondata s200 runs about 250 and the boost option is another 200. then take the car and have it dyno tuned.

Back