f22b1 into a 91 problems!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordhumper

I paid some guys to swap in a f22b1 vtec from a 95 accord into my car....

problems... I found out they used my wiring harness from my old f22a4 engine... and a couple other parts that they swapped over and what not that didnt really seem right but... ya

anyways.. as of right now, it starts and pulse revs from 1k-2k for 5 secs or so then dies.. its throwin codes too... and Ive tried everything I could think of, and no go....

so.... have any of you heard of the reving then snuffin out thing? if you have.... try to enlighten me, I havnt ran the car for months cuz I was gettin pissed and savin up some more $$ to pay a shop to rewire it or somethin....

so help me please... lol, maybe I can save $300

Man no telling what they did to the harness. Defintely sounds like you got some shit going on . Why cant you take it back to the mutha fucker that half ass your motor job!!! Thats what I would do .

Do you know how to get the codes out .... Also did you swap the ecu also ?

What parts did they swap on the motor.

You can get a vtec wiring harness for about 75-150 bux...

cant bring it back... was some stoopid crack guy from craigslist that cost me $400... so I'm like fuck it.... but ya I found a shop!!! that said they would rewire it or what not and get it rollin agaoin for like 175-250 er so

so I may go with that..

I found the codes... but I havnt run it in like 2 months so I dont remember..... the parts they swapped was u know that black box on a 90-93 that has vacume lines in it... well on the 95 accord it didnt have that and ran with more electrical stuff.. and they redid the wiring from goin to the black box to hook up the the stuff from the 95 and I think they might have done that wrong.... dunno.....

then for the vtec selinoid... they ran 2 wires from that and somethin by it into the ecu direct....

ya... I swapped ecu over so its the vtec..

WOW ok, with a problem as extensive as yours and your apparent knowledge of cars I would highly suggest paying $175-250 to have a professional do it correctly. I dont want to put you down but it will save you tons of trouble, money and time in the long run. If you want to trouble-shoot it yourself please ask some more precise questions and have a little more information available.

ya... I know I'm not a genious on cars.... and I know ur not puttin me down...

I prolly will just dish out the $$ to get it done right.... its just I didnt do it so I have no friggin clue where to start.... if me and my dad actually did it... we prolly woulda had almost no probs... but he was busy at the time so I wanted it done and got some stoopid idiots to do it

Yea I made the same mistake once. Im actually in the process of puting an h22a into my 96 accord. Good luck getting it taken care of, if your in the S.E. georgia area let me know I could take a look at it.

nope... in oregon......

but hey.... I'm starting to wonder now... that black box in the back left corner of the engine bay that has hoses runnin to it... is that supposed to stay and run crap like that.... or swap over the 95 accord stuff? I'm starting to thing using my wiring harness from my 91 would plug in perfectly to the black box... its just where would I run the hoses?

any thoughts?

hmmm the black box, are you talking about your evap purge canister or the IAB? both should be hooked up but niether would make the engine run bad unless you have some open vacuum ports where they are supposed to plug in. If you dont have them plugged into your harness(because they are not needed) then you do need to trace the vacuum lines back to your manifold and block them off there. If they dont have any vacuum lines coming off of them then look around around your intake manifold and you might have some vacuum lines that are letting air into the intake. Also could you look those codes up again and tell me what they are and I will try to figure out what is going on. But like I said check ALL of your vacuum lines to make sure you dont have a leak. That could cause the problem you are describing.

I figured out the code.... I was gettin 03.... map censer.... so I changed that out with a good one.... code gone... and the engine now stays runnin..... but..... its rough, so I pulled the spark plugs and they where hella black... so I got some new titanium NGK plugs... still runs about the same.... so? I dunno

here's another weird thing aswell, every so often when I go to start the car... everythin cuts out like I have a short or something... and I have to pull the + on the batt to get it to try again... and sometimes that doesnt even do it... its being picky... I dont change anything and it will start... then the next time it wont... or it will.... so I have no friggin clue

I have an apt tomorrow with this import style shop and he said he would check it out... they charge $60/hr so its not too bad... and atleast I got the map censer figured out and they wont spend hours gettin that to work then the other problems... lol

aight... its back from the shop all fixed up now.....

they said the wiring to alot of the stuff wasnt egzactly right in the engine bay... and that they just plugged in the ecu with no changes... so he had to rewire some of the ecu wires that are different from 91 to the 95 vtec....

so yay :) $387 was the total... and my dad paid $300 for helpin him rebuild the engine from his car..... :) sweeet

Back