f22b1 into crx. now to wire it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vegetaman111

UPDATE: chose the f22bl swap. got a f22al longblock for next to nothing with tranny so going to sell the tranny and head to get my money back and then some. picked up a f22bl head for cheap also. now my only issue is wiring. No one makes this harness minus one person and it isn't cheap at all. not paying 700.oo for a wiring harness I can do myself. so here is what i am wondering. Do i just need all the engine harness plugs from the f22bl and just need to repin all the plugs to what the si harness is plugged ot now on the d16a6 or what?

Just seeing which you guys would do. Is it worth it to have the vtec for turbo purposes or is vtec overrated? Im doing a f2b conversion with a LS cable tranny and looking at running a GT30r turbo maybe a 35r depending on how much i make in this new job. Just looking for some pointers. I dont really wanna go g22 because i love single cam slammers.

Last edited:
well a VTEC head will always net you more hp since it flows better, but there are plenty of FI non-VTEC motors making good power. Non-VTEC motors are supposed to be easier to tune, but since I've got no experience tuning motors don't quote me on that.

Personally I'd go with the VTEC motor.

The wiring should be similar to putting an OBD1 H22a into a CRX, so that would be a good place to start searching. You'll have to do an OBD conversion and wire VTEC of course.

I'm talking to monotrch about doing it. As far as build this us what I'm looking at final product.

F22a1 shortblock 80.oo
F22b1 head 75.oo
Springs, retainers, etc. 200.oo
Turbo manifold 175.oo
Turbo 200.oo
Water/air IC 355.oo
Wastegate/BOV 75.oo
F2b adapter 500.oo
LS tranny 200.oo
Stage 1 clutch 200.oo
Aluminum flywheel 175.oo
Cam 200.oo
Cam gear 45.oo
Dsm injectors 80.oo

sounds like a sick build, when you get it started post some pics.

will do guys, Im gonna post it on here and probably ohiohondas.com if you miss it on here/ looking to do 400+ to the wheels and run mid 10s. any tire suggestions?

Back