1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F22B1 into EG Chassis

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Accordian, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Accordian

Accordian Junior Member

I have the Innovative swap mounts for an H/F series engine into a 92-95 Civic or a 94-01 Teg.

I am putting a F22b1 engine into a 95 EG.

All the mounts seem to be the correct design to fit the F22 in the bay aside from the driver's side engine mount. I have heard of others with this dilemma. The F22b1 engine side mount bracket has the vertical studs closer together than H series engines. The H series side mount brackets also appear to have both the studs placed the same distance from the engine whereas the F series has one stud closer than the other.

F22B1 Engine Side Mount Bracket:
    [​IMG]
    Yfrog - f22b1sidemountbracketz
    H23A1 and H22A1 Engine Side Mount Bracket:
    [​IMG]
    Yfrog - h23a1andh22a1sidemountb
    F22A1 Engine Side Mount Bracket:
    [​IMG]
    Yfrog - f22a1sidemountbracket

What bracket am I looking for here? I am having trouble telling whether or not the side mount bracket from a H22/H23 with bolt onto my F22B block or not.

2. Accordian

Accordian Junior Member

Side Mount Bracket

It looks like I need a 92-01 Prelude Engine Side Mount Bracket from a Prelude with the H22. Can anyone verify this? Anyone out there with the F22 in an EG?? I am assuming that the Innovative Driver's Side Mount is designed to mount to the H22 Side mount bracket and not the F22.

3. HA Motorsports

HA Motorsports New Member

Yes, you will need the drivers side mount bracket that bolts to the block from the 92-01 prelude. Good luck !

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted