F22B2/F22B1 swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SidewayzAccord

I blew my F22B2 and I got a F22B1 and I used my old wire harness,distributor and ECM...It has spark and is gettin fuel, according t to the cam gear and checkin #1 piston it seems to be on TDC..i dont know if I have the plugs wires in the wrong order on the distributor cap....I have a 95 accord LX and i got a 97 Accord EX motor...please help me, i cant seem to get it running.....:confused: Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated....

It could be the ignition wires. Honestly, if you want to run that engine and run it properly then you need to get an EX harness and ECU, or, if you have the know how, you need to rewire the existing harness for VTEC (and still get an EX ECU)...

but if im using everything off my non vtec motor like distributor and all that other stuff wouldnt it still start? i mean everything is hooked up, what ignition wires would be wrong? and is there any way to make this work?

i know this is old but i think you need to change ur obd-1 ecu to obd-2 from the 97 model.. 94-95 were obd1 and 96-97 are obd2. just came across this because im considering a f22b1 head swap onto the f22b2 motor i already have in my 94 dx.

if you dont know about the dizzy rotor lining up with which lead.. then just set the motor to TDC. follow the #1 cyl spark plug wire to the dizzy and line the two up. hope this helps anyways..

and u need to use the dizz for the vtec because they are different from non vtec.. and its a diff obd code aswell.

Back