F22B2 Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
I replaced my friend's F22B2 with a F22B2. Easy swap. Engine already had the harness on it. When all was said and done, it fired right up. It runs well cold, and even partially to mostly warmed up, runs perfect. Once it is fully warmed up(10-15 minute idle) the engine cuts out at idle. Within a few minuted after that, it won't idle at all.

List of things done.

Changed spark plugs.
New distributor cap.
Different PCV valve
Changed over complete Throttle Body
Visual inspection of hoses.

This is killing my low supply of brain cells. Any comments appreciated!!!
Thanks

OK, this is frustrating. I changed over the temp sensor on the manifold, and another valve right there. Nothing left on the intake to switch. All sensors and valves on the body of the car were there before, and functioning. Could it be the coil? Would that mess up at high temps? It's just weird that it only happens after the car is good and hot, like right before the fans come on. I might try to get a temperature reading when the car gets to that point.

I had a similar problem in my H22 for awhile...the car ran fine at cold temps and in cold weather, but when it would get warm or the engine warmed up, it ran like shit, idled funny and performed poorly at low rpm.

Turned out the spring inside the distributor rotor had run its course and was just worn out. Once it got warm (i.e. more malleable) and at low rpm, it had trouble keeping the rotor in its proper place, which caused the rotor to wobble and misfire. At higher rpm, centrifical force made it spin closer to how it should spin - without wobbling.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: I changed the distributor and the coil. No luck yet.
:angry:

:kick:
That's ok, if this car were a human, it would be on Jerry Springer. I swear it's cursed. My buddy drove it twice before it knocked. Now the new engine won't idle for shit.

Maybe I'll try the oxygen sensor tonight, or the EGR. There's not much left for me to do. Piece of Shite. It is the perfect what not-to-do ricer scenario. Loose wires, loose headlights, loose suspension(before I tightened), coilovers an inch off from side to side. Crazy shitty job on everything changed. If you can't do it right, why fuck with it? :fr: :bash:

Back