f22c vs h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

law195

I wanted to know the differences from this new s2000 motor. After I actually checked the bore and stroke are same as the h22 so what's the diff in the f or h. I thought i heard the F could take more power but still everyone was pushing the H when i was comparing the f22a and h22. Is there a big deal?
f22a 85x95 accord
f22c 87x90.7 s2000
h22 87x90.7 prelude

this isnt real helpful bnut i wonder if this would mean it would be beneficial to put s2000 pistons in an h22.....does anyone knwo what compresion they are i believ they rae baove 11:1 arent they?

i believe that f series is a short block and h is a long block, thats all ive ever got from it

Originally posted by sleeper485@Jul 31 2004, 11:19 PM
i believe that f series is a short block and h is a long block, thats all ive ever got from it
[post=370950]Quoted post[/post]​

short block and long block can be any engine. those two terms describe how much is there.

Long block
- Motor
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Injectors
- Fuel Rail
- Throttle body
- Alternator
- Distributor

Shortblock
no mani's
no extras
usually just a block, rods, pistons, oil pan, and crank. usually not even a Head.

i may have missed something there, and i apologize, but it was a rough explination.

good way to see if the C/R would be higher with the S2k pistons would be to compare height.

I read up in Road and track that they up the didplacement in the s2000 and being honda everything is swappable so i had to see. I like the idea of h22 pistons and f22c block. or even the other way around which ever is beneficial. I'm into long stroke motors i love torque. I think it was when i saw the increase i wondered if they kept the high revs, cause there's already the 2.2 l h22 so i thought it was increase in bore. BUT they increased the stroke and stil keep up 9000 rpm How'd they do that??????

The F20C in the S2000 was actually a K block (before they were called K20), so the F22C is probably still a variation of the K. I don't know that the bore/stroke is the same as the H22...

how about a F22C with lower compresion h22 pistons, then turbo the hell out of it. That'd be killer with 8500 RPM spooled up behind it :ph34r:

well he said they were in an above post....this is why i was curious if it were true cause im sure if it were you could see some serious power gains by running some f22c pistons and some type s cams in an h22

Back