1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f22c vs h22

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by law195, Jul 29, 2004.

1. law195

law195 Junior Member

I wanted to know the differences from this new s2000 motor. After I actually checked the bore and stroke are same as the h22 so what's the diff in the f or h. I thought i heard the F could take more power but still everyone was pushing the H when i was comparing the f22a and h22. Is there a big deal?
    f22a 85x95 accord
    f22c 87x90.7 s2000
    h22 87x90.7 prelude

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

maybe the f22c has taller deck(allow higher r/s for higher revs), better head design.....

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

this isnt real helpful bnut i wonder if this would mean it would be beneficial to put s2000 pistons in an h22.....does anyone knwo what compresion they are i believ they rae baove 11:1 arent they?

4. sleeper485

sleeper485 Junior Member

i believe that f series is a short block and h is a long block, thats all ive ever got from it

5. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

short block and long block can be any engine. those two terms describe how much is there.

Long block
    - Motor
    - Intake Manifold
    - Exhaust Manifold
    - Injectors
    - Fuel Rail
    - Throttle body
    - Alternator
    - Distributor

Shortblock
    no mani's
    no extras
    usually just a block, rods, pistons, oil pan, and crank. usually not even a Head.

i may have missed something there, and i apologize, but it was a rough explination.

good way to see if the C/R would be higher with the S2k pistons would be to compare height.

6. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

What made you think of comparing them if you dont mind me asking?

7. law195

law195 Junior Member

I read up in Road and track that they up the didplacement in the s2000 and being honda everything is swappable so i had to see. I like the idea of h22 pistons and f22c block. or even the other way around which ever is beneficial. I'm into long stroke motors i love torque. I think it was when i saw the increase i wondered if they kept the high revs, cause there's already the 2.2 l h22 so i thought it was increase in bore. BUT they increased the stroke and stil keep up 9000 rpm How'd they do that??????

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The F20C in the S2000 was actually a K block (before they were called K20), so the F22C is probably still a variation of the K. I don't know that the bore/stroke is the same as the H22...

9. law195

law195 Junior Member

how about a F22C with lower compresion h22 pistons, then turbo the hell out of it. That'd be killer with 8500 RPM spooled up behind it :ph34r:

10. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

well he said they were in an above post....this is why i was curious if it were true cause im sure if it were you could see some serious power gains by running some f22c pistons and some type s cams in an h22

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted