f22's crank, rods, pistons into the H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Is it true that an F22 Crank, Rods, and Pistons will work in a H22? I ead that it's like a Stroker kit of sorts... it bumps Displacement to 2.3L... if this is true would it be reliable? Has anyone done this?

I thought the F22 was the non vtec version of the H22A, if so would the bump in compression be worth it?

The F22 is the SOHC version of the H22, and the EX coupe is a vtec motor. I don't know if it will bump compression, but it'll fit.

The F22 is not the "SOHC version" of the H22. That's like saying a D16 is the "SOHC version" of the B16. :roll:

so no one knows then? I read it in a How to build Honda horsepower I believe that's what it was.... either way it said it bumps the displacement to 2.3L which is kinda like a cheap stroker correct

It didnt give directions it was mentioned in the Hot Street Combos of Honda Acura Engine Performance written by Mike Kojima who's credentials are Engineer with TRD, and Nissan as well as Pep Boys. Writes for Sport Compact Car, Turbo, Honda Tuner, speedoptions.com, sentra.net, se-r.net TMR magazine and Grass Roots Motorsports Magazine. also has held SCCA IMSA licenses and participated in every form of racing. Most of all into imports since the 70's...

Mikes Famous qoute... "do you want to go fast or do you want to suck"

I think he's fully credited to suggest such a mod to H22... Thanks...

Back