F23 compared to the D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlmotors

I was wondering how the F23a1 comapared to the d16zg? My main concern was witch one would be better on all motor with small mods like cutting the head and cams? If you could put one of these motors in a civic which one would you choose? Also which computer would you run with the F23a1? Thanks

i'd go with the d16. it'll bolt right in and can make relatively decent power (enough for a civic). of course, the f23 is almost a whole liter bigger of a motor, so you have that going for it. but if you go through the trouble of putting an f23 in a civic, might as well just use an h23 instead and extract a few extra ponies. now of course, if you have the motors in front of you, both for free, drop in the d16. you won't need to do anything besides wire up the vtec if the civic you have doesn't have it.

the f23 is a 160hp motor. and can be found complete for 375...show me an h23 that you can get for that. and the trouble isnt that great. just a mount kit.

Its hard to beat the F series with prices like that, IMO anyway.

what are you plans with the car? because i'm going to go out on a limb and say the f23 setup will be heavier than a d16 setup.

but we're not talking just about weight here. if he's going for a dd, the f23 setup being heavier might not be completely what he's looking for in a car. i mean sure, you can still drive it. but for street driving, the d16 may prove to be a better choice. also depends on which year civic he's talking about.

i guess i dont understand how the f23 is not a good motor for street driving. we put one in a del sol about 3 months ago and that car pulls pretty good

Back