f23/h22 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

think about it........
f series......h series....
doesnt work numbnuts, why not search and read b4 posting n00b questions?

oh yeah it has been done and dont jump to conclusion and keep your comments to yourself ===D

i don't think its been done.

Either way, it wouldn't be worth it. An h23vtec would be much more worth while if you look at it like that. Still not worth it in my opinion.

SOHC - DOHC, block and head parts almost always don't work with each other. Usually it's micellaneous sensors and other things like that.

The blocks are defenitly not interchangeable and would require too much work. It's like me trying to put a GSR head on a 1.5 d block, 1 why? 2 Even if I took the time to do it, would it have been worth it...no.

Just stick with the complete engine or at least try to stay in the same series.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jan 22 2005, 09:50 PM
think about it........
[post=449842]Quoted post[/post]​

It's been done, guys. This shop did it:

http://www.pfispeed.com (a shop about 30 minutes north of where I live)

It was actually an H22 head on an F23 bottom end.

That said, they don't recommend it to anyone. Costs about 10 grand to make it work, and the fabrication required is insane. The only reason to do this is the show quality of it. Otherwise, get it out of your head right now.

I'll refrain from any more "numbnuts" comments. :lol:

even if it were possible, the price you spent for everything thats missing isnt worth it. Just get a full h22 engine from say ..... hmotorsonline.com or something and save yourself some money to have the same output

interesting

anyone know if the F23 is much diffrent from the f22?

if you want 2.3 liters of displacement get the H23 vtec...

fabrication costs 0wn j00

not saying it cant be done but there is a reason why those letters are part of the engine code.

well, if you gonna go turbo on a h22, you better off with this set up. because the f series can hold boost up to 15psi stock.

Originally posted by cardigit@Feb 5 2005, 04:21 AM
well, if you gonna go turbo on a h22, you better off with this set up. because the f series can hold boost up to 15psi stock.
[post=456799]Quoted post[/post]​

Any data to back that up? Personally, I wouldn't trust an F-series to hold that much boost (based on the open deck and Honda not engineering their blocks to hold boost), but I've never really looked into that. I'd much rather use a closed deck block from the Preludes if I had to have a stock block for boosting.

first gen h22 = closed deck

f series block + h22 head + fabrication costs <<< h22 swap + full build for boost

stupidest idea ev4r

what fabrication cost??? if you do this yourself, this wouldnt cost you that much. http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1069869 --------- read this post, there are good info for this swap and all this cost them like 500 bucks??

F23 Parts
- Block
- Head gasket
- Water pump (The housing)
- Rear Water Pipe
H22 Parts
- Head (Complete...Valvetrain, Cover, Dist, Manifolds, VTEC Solenoid, Etc.)
- Water pump (Just the gear)
- Crank Gear
- Timing Belt
Modifications
- You have to plug two oil drains in the h22 head that do not exist on the f23 block...
- You have to use the h22 upper water pipe and connect it to the lower part of the f23 water pipe... You will have to either weld it together or connect it with rubber hose...
- You also have pull the gear off of an f23 water pump and install an h22 gear on it because the H-Series water pump is different...

That parts list looks like it's well over $500 (mostly the cost of the H22 head), and that's assuming that you already have the F23 block. Also, you sorta mentioned the exhaust manifold in the head cost, but typically, if you buy an H22 head, it won't come with an exhaust manifold.

I'd also be interested to know what the lifespan on one of these guys is. It doesn't look like sam1am26 has even gotten it running yet, so that's out. The way the headgasket sits on the block makes me a little nervous, too....

On the related note of lifespan....did anyone pick up on the fact that you can't rev that setup much past 7 grand? So, if you want the full potential of the H22 head (read: 8 grand rev limit), you're going to have to upgrade the internals of the block to handle that kind of limit. Otherwise, this setup (stock) is ONLY good for turbo, as you'll be wasting the potential of the H22 by only revving to 7 grand.

This all leads me to believe reckedracing's statement of this being a rather stupid idea, when one could just have an H22 instead.

Also: mentioning boost in that second-to-last paragraph reminded me....cardigit, can you back up your statement that the N/A-designed, open-deck F23 block can handle 15 psi of boost?

hmmm, just got done reading through a couple diffrent threads on honda-tech... all i can say is wow

this could have possibility, COULD... but its not for me...
look at the back of that dudes block, fucking silicone everywhere... and hondabond to seal where the headgasket doesn't? and those plugs in the head???
wtf mate???

P13 cuts at 7400?
those honda tech people are a joke, maybe usdm ecu's but jdm def cuts at 8K+

i am also curious how the guy starts with an H23vtec, is that a frankenstein motor? or did he have a h23 vtec head? in which case its a whole diffrent story

i dunno about pushing over 10psi on ANY honda block, iron sleeved or not, and not revving over 7K? and not making power after 6500? fuck that

2K gets you a FULL FUCKING H22 swap, with trans and ecu, how can you go wrong...

and 500 in parts for an H22 head with intake and exhaust mani's? plus gasket sets, 2 gallons of hondabond, another 2 gallons of silicone, timing belts, water pumps and water pump gears, etc etc etc... PASS!!!

wouldnt this be under engine building and not swap forum?

you sound pissed cause you got pwn3d by a n00b.... :p

think about it........

not condoning this setup at all, but people have done it

nah, lol
just never seen it done, and dont see the point to having it done with all the extra costs
shit....... if it was only $500 i'd do it on my mom and my sisters accords.....haha

Back