F23 turbo questions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmpower22

wuts up guys. im tryin to turbo my F23A1, already got the turbo kit,( t3/t4 )... The problem is i cant really find anyone that makes forged pistons and rods for F23. Found it on one site F22parts.com but the rods alone are almost 900$, and pistons about 700$... if anyone knows where i could get them cheaper please let me know. if not i'll have to go with that.

Are you trying to make insane power? You should be able to make 300whp with a stock motor.....

:werd:

How much power are you trying to make here? The F-series engines are pretty stout right from the factory. Unless you want to make mad horsepower, like 300+, you don't really need to worry about the internals. Just make sure the engine is in good shape and get yourself a good tune once the turbo kit is on.

Turbo&Auto, is that your dog in your avatar?

EDIT: And why is this in the Civic forum?

Last edited:
well. im waiting for a motor to come from japan. F23A1. i was planin on runnin about 18-20 lbs of boost. the only thing stock i will use is the crank, sleeves, valves and maybe a cam. im shooting for about 350 to the wheels. and yes i know i could make about 300 to the wheels on teh stock motor, but i'd have to run about 15 psi... but for that ud at least have to get the block guard and a turbo gasket. so if i'll open the engine up for that, i might as well change the pistons and rods. Thats a lot of money, but hey better safe than sorry.

Yeah, if you're wanting that much horsepower than doing forged internals is probably a good idea. Unfortunately I've never seen forged F23 pistons/rods anywhere other than f22parts.com either. You might have to suck it up and buy from them.

Good luck!

im still waiting for the engine. These people from JDMexchange r dickin me. i've been waiting for that engine for few months now, n they still sayin yeah its comin, blah blah. But i found an F22B1 at EliteImports and im thinkin to go with that, id have to convert it to OBD2 thou.( no biggie, swap the distributor, maybe the intake manifold, cuz i dont know if the sensor plugs on the intake manifold positioned different, i dunno maybe not. and i asked the guy at Eliteimports if he knows of any places where i could get forget stuff, he said he can order it for me from JE, he said they made that stuff for them b4 and for forged pistons with rings, and rods it shouldnt be more than a 1000$. so im thinkin to go with that. gotta ask mah boi to go pick that thing up with his truck. By the way, im looking for an LSD for F series trans, which i know r expensive but i need LSD. And H22 Trans gears r just way too short.( dont want my 1st gear to be useless.).....Aight guys ima keep u posted. im moving a lil slow, cuz its alot of damn money.

Crower makes the f/i f23 rods but theyll set you back $700

Pistons you can use k20a2 pistons or f23 pistons.
You can even run h22 but you have to bore block out to 87mm making your walls even thinner

Back