1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F23 Vtec?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Sprocker, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Sprocker

Sprocker Senior Member

ANyone know the Stock Vtec point on an F23a1. I have a VAFC and I just found out that changing the Vtec on the 4 cyl. Accord using it has bad effects on the car, I believe stock is 3800 which is where I have it so that is probably why I haven't had any problems in the last year but I want to make sure and set it right until the EMS gets installed and tuned. Thanks, Jason.

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

My VTEC on my F22 used to kick at 2800 rpm.

3. h22freshman

h22freshman Senior Member

thats really low..... i think that seems way to low for the vtec to kick in, well ofcourese i've got a lude

4. dohcvtec_accord

Nope, I had installed a small VTEC light back when I had my F22, and it kicked at 2500 rpm under full throttle, 2900 rpm under light throttle.

5. Mech

Mech Banned

You'll probably be amused by this DohcvtecAccord" My friend did the H22 swap in his 91 Accord and previusly(sp) had the F22 in his car(wasn't fast enough), but anyway after we had hooked everything up we tried to put in a mugen chiped H22 ECU, but it was fucked. So we had to settle for the F22 ECU. Like you said, It kicks in at 2900..... We had open headers and stage 2 Vtec Cams. Wow. :eek:

6. dohcvtec_accord

Yikes. Did it bog really badly between 2500 rpm and 4500 rpm like mine did when I hooked up my F22 ECU to the H22 engine?

7. Mech

Mech Banned

No, It actually hit very hard. The only reason we could think of was that the valves were extremely loose at the time. If we would have had tight valves it could have fucked up everything. That's just what we think. Also, My friend has lots of shit done to his H22 and it runs pretty slow for what he's done.(light weight flywheel, stage2 clutch, stage2 cams, fuel rail, pressure regulater, and VAFC. He ran a 15.1 at best. were thinking the VAFC needs to be tuned as well as the car. He has cam gears too but are not put on yet. We live in charlotte NC,(air,humidity?)

8. dohcvtec_accord

Wow, I have no idea. Mine ran like ass when I had it connected, and it made me fail emissions horribly (I had a wiring problem, and I thought hooking the F22 ECU back up would fix it). What do you mean by 'hit very hard'? My car got extremely loud, but it actually robbed power, until about 4500 rpm.

9. Mech

Mech Banned

Well, sound wise it hit hard. But it definately was faster than the F22 swap he had.

10. dohcvtec_accord

That isn't that hard to do. :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted