f23 wiring help, 98 f23a vtec, into a 90 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

ok, i want to get your guy's opinion on this. I just got the accord off of ftpracing, and its a little botched up. I want to start all over. Ok, first off, what obd is this car? obd1 ecu plugs in, but is it obd1, or still obdo? What wire harness/ecu should i use?
Oh, last idea, will a f22a1 intake fit on this f23a?
Because im not sure how im going to deal with the MAP sensor, to use the vaccum line off of the TB or to use a diffrent harness that has the obd1+ map plug.

Appreciate anyone that can decipher this post and give me good awnsers. When im thinking straight i will edit this to something more understandable.

90 ACCORD is OBD1, it has 3 plugs right?
i guess there were some 90 accords with 2 plugs which would be obd0...

as far as the motor swap...
it would prob be easiest to convert the motor to OBD1, and then run a chipped comp or vafc...

a friend of mine did a sohc f series vtec swap in his 91 accord and go it running using the stock accord computer, he hasn;t worked on the vtec yet...

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Mar 21 2005, 04:18 PM
ok, i want to get your guy's opinion on this. I just got the accord off of ftpracing, and its a little botched up. I want to start all over. Ok, first off, what obd is this car? obd1 ecu plugs in, but is it obd1, or still obdo? What wire harness/ecu should i use?
Because im not sure how im going to deal with the MAP sensor, to use the vaccum line off of the TB or to use a diffrent harness that has the obd1+ map plug.

Appreciate anyone that can decipher this post and give me good awnsers. When im thinking straight i will edit this to something more understandable.
[post=476641]Quoted post[/post]​

*Don't Help The Scammer.*

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Mar 21 2005, 06:18 PM

[post=476641]Quoted post[/post]​

If the OBD 1 ECU plugs in, then it is OBD 1. Some cars are iffy, but they are for all intents and purposes OBD 1.

Use the harness that was on the original engine, or one identical. Modify it to wrap around your new engine. Use the stock map sensor if you can. Mine is on my firewall. If you plug in your vacuum hoses right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Back