Fabric/vynil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

Does anyone know what stuff to use to redo the interior of my crx. Actually I just need to do my one door panel. and just the top part of it. I know it is like a letherette vynil or something, but what is it exactly called and where can I get it from. Also what should I use to redo my seats?

What do you mean "fix". Like is there a rip or tear or crack or something or what.... Sorry just need some more info to properly answer the question.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Apr 20 2005, 11:46 PM
What do you mean "fix".  Like is there a rip or tear or crack or something or what....  Sorry just need some more info to properly answer the question.
[post=489443]Quoted post[/post]​

well the top os the door panel is sun damaged and it looks like someone was trying to cut the damaged part off but it just got worse as the sun damaged it more.

And no I am not paying some money to do something i can do myself. I just need to know what kind of vinyl to use. I want to get a close match to the original. to buy a new door panel will be like $100, so I don't wanna do that. Anyway, I perfer to do things myself rather than pay a shop to do it for me. Pride my work, i guess.

You'll pay more than a hundred bucks to get the right material. I think it's molded plastic if I'm not mistaken.

um no it is vinyl.. the only parts of the door that is damaged it is layer of vinyl... stuff is like $5 a yard. I just want to know what would be the correct kind

he means the kind that shops use, hes agreeing with me. im not tryin to dog on what you are doing, i take great pride in the work i put into my car, but if i dont know what im doing, then im gonna take it to soemone who does. unless you have done this multiple times before its gonna end up looking like crap. cause you dont know how to fix it. im all for DIY solutions, but sounds to me like this is a job for the pros. and if you arent into payin for it, anybody who owns a shop can always use favors, so see if theres anything the owner needs and hook him up.

ie. a buddy of mine needed his car repainted, so he went to a paintshop and talked to the owner, and the owner needed a new concrete floor in part of his shop, and didnt have the time, and didnt want to pay a company to do it, so my buddy did it, and got his car painted for free.

I'll find out what kind of vinyl/product you need to do this. I think maybe people forget that this is a do-it-yourself type of forum. When I asked what to use to paint the interior of my CRX I kind of got the same kind of responses you got here. So I went to the pros and asked em how to do it, they told me what I needed and I painted it myself. Then I posted the pics and asked what people thought (since people said it was gonna look like shit) and I got no responses. Kinda funny.

Anyway, the door is definitely vinyl. I'll post in a little bit when I find out what the heck it is ya need. I think there is a kind of liquid vinyl you use or something, kind of like liquid paper that you spread on and sand, but I'm not sure.

Back