fail of the day - attempted plane bombing - Detroit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ lol

Officials said he is monitoring the situation and receiving regular updates from his vacation spot in Hawaii.

anybody find this weird? if i were the president and somebody tried to blow up a plane in my country i would personally find the motherfucker and throw him in the ocean with concrete blocks on his legs.

Last edited:
terrorists of any breed are succeeding in having our freedoms stripped from us one at a time. now, it's the freedom to fly with pants on.

:D

It wasnt a security fail on our part though. The flight was from Amsterdam to Detroit. So someone screwed up in the Netherlands. More than likely we will in the end suffer from this.

why are we taking so many bullshit security precautions here if the rest of the world isnt doing the same?

and i love yahoos spin on this
yahoo news said:
Passengers helped thwart air disaster. At least one Detroit-bound passenger scrambled to subdue a man trying to ignite an explosive device.

lol, helped thwart it? what a load of shit, the only thing that thwarted this was the fact that this stupid fucker had no clue how to build a proper bomb.
he "thwarted" himself.

First of that guy is a fuck tard, second of all I am very glad to see that nothing horrible happened to those people, last of all good for that dude trying to whoop his ass. That in my opinion is not spin, the dude saw some shady shit going on and decided to do something about it. It is always good to see someone take their fate into their own hands and try and change the outcome. Americans are by in large viewed as pussies that will not do what needs to be done. Good for that man.

And Obama needs to get his ass back here and be briefed in person. You dont think that the CIA, FBI and NSA where all burning the midnight oil sifting through all of the chatter on the wire about this attack and any others that may be linked. Various cells have shown us in the past that they have been financed with very good logistics backing them up. We are all fools if we assume that another 9/11 will not happen. This may have been a fluke involving one mentally unstable Nigerian that simply wanted to give a great second grand by marriage cousin that wanted to hook up some Americans with their inheritance but we have to keep all the doors open until it is narrowed down. President Obama is on the fucking clock all the time. You hear about an attempted attack that directly involves Americans you had damn well better hop on your private jet and fly your ass back here. I mean he is not even playing good politics here. Which is the most surprising part about it.

Anyway, I am glad that it was one retard burning himself and no one else was hurt or injured. And much props to the guy that tried to beat him some ass.

we should throw him in gitmo.... oh wait, thanks.

pretty soon, there won't be any inbound flights to the US. so, that means no over-seas vactions to europe, etc.

That in my opinion is not spin, the dude saw some shady shit going on and decided to do something about it. It is always good to see someone take their fate into their own hands and try and change the outcome. Americans are by in large viewed as pussies that will not do what needs to be done. Good for that man.

theres a big difference in preventing (ie: thwarting) a situation from happening and reacting to a situation that has happened.

situation A:
a guy notices some dude on the plan doing something odd, then guy realizes its not normal behavior and that this dude is up to something.
the guy jumps on the dude, and prevents (thwarts) him for being successful. thereby preventing any explosion.

Situation B (aka: what actually happened):
A guy on a plane has a self made bomb strapped to his leg. said guy attempts to detonate the bomb on an airplane, but quickly realizes that hes a fuckup and has no idea how to make/detonate a bullshit bomb.
everybody on the plane hears a boom, some see some light, then they smell the burning shit.
one guy gets pissed and instantly reacts to the situation by jumping over passengers to "prevent" they guy from setting off a bomb that he had already set off. natural instinct to attack.

now,, i give props to the guy for taking advantage of the moment to do some damage to the guy, but he "thwarted" not a goddamn thing.
the bomb had already been set off, had it of been a good bomb, then that plan would never had landed in one piece.

Im glad it did though.

the only thing that thwarted the situation was the fact that the guy didnt have a good bomb that would actually do its intended job.

this is going to be used to give the leverage they need to have those damned machines placed in every airport that can see through your clothes, thereby violating every person that wants to get on a plane.

they can pat me down, thats fine, but i'll never go through one of those machines.

theres a big difference in preventing (ie: thwarting) a situation from happening and reacting to a situation that has happened.

situation A:
a guy notices some dude on the plan doing something odd, then guy realizes its not normal behavior and that this dude is up to something.
the guy jumps on the dude, and prevents (thwarts) him for being successful. thereby preventing any explosion.

Situation B (aka: what actually happened):
A guy on a plane has a self made bomb strapped to his leg. said guy attempts to detonate the bomb on an airplane, but quickly realizes that hes a fuckup and has no idea how to make/detonate a bullshit bomb.
everybody on the plane hears a boom, some see some light, then they smell the burning shit.
one guy gets pissed and instantly reacts to the situation by jumping over passengers to "prevent" they guy from setting off a bomb that he had already set off. natural instinct to attack.

now,, i give props to the guy for taking advantage of the moment to do some damage to the guy, but he "thwarted" not a goddamn thing.
the bomb had already been set off, had it of been a good bomb, then that plan would never had landed in one piece.

Im glad it did though.

the only thing that thwarted the situation was the fact that the guy didnt have a good bomb that would actually do its intended job.

this is going to be used to give the leverage they need to have those damned machines placed in every airport that can see through your clothes, thereby violating every person that wants to get on a plane.

i agree... nothing was "thwarted" in this mans actions... unless there was still something left that could have been correctly ignited and brought down the plane or otherwise done damage to it or anyone in it
i do commend the guy who stepped up and beat this guys ass though... props to him

i also agree, like i already said, that this is going to be used to further destroy and violate our right to privacy, even more than it already is
we will be subject to even more bullshit when boarding a damn plane all because of this asshole and people being too stupid to realize that its all a pointless show that cant keep anyone determined to commit violent destructive acts against an airplane or its passengers from doing anything...all any of these already unnecessary searches and ridiculous hoops they make you jump through do nothing but make simple minded people feel "secure"

dont bring any more than 3oz of any fluids, pastes, or creams and dont bring more than can fit in a 1qt ziplock bag... smile and let the ass clown TSA jerkoff pull you out of line in front of everyone for a "random check", and toss through your luggage... put your shit back together so you can send your luggage through the x-ray machine... take off your coat, your hoodie, your hat... remove your shoes, watch belt, keys, wallet, cigarettes, gum, change, jewelry, cock ring, etc etc etc... now go walk on the same uncleaned floor that who the fuck knows how many other people with who the fuck knows what kind of hygiene or foot issues have walked on all damn day with socks or bare feet... go through the metal detector... get stopped... turn around and go back through the detector... take off your _____ go back through... have some assclown scan you with the metal detection wand... go to the "sniffing machine" stand there with your arms away from your sides facing forward while the machine shoots air at you and sniffs it for any traces of who the fuck knows what... go to retrieve your bags... get told that you need to open it up for another TSA jerkoff on the other side so they can toss through your luggage again to look at some "questionable items they noticed on x-ray"... put all your clothes and other items back on... be sure to keep a smile on your face and not look bothered or you may be subject to "additional screening"

its all bullshit

there are literally thousands of items i could (and many that i do) bring on a plane that would serve perfectly well as a very effective improvised weapon... there are plenty of objects that i could bring through check in undetected that are actual purpose built weapons... there are thousands of employees that are not screened anywhere near as well as the passengers who can plant items for anyone looking to bring something onto a plane... there are shit tons of items readily available after you get through the security check that are or can be used as weapons

they can pat me down, thats fine, but i'll never go through one of those machines.

no thats not fine... its a blatant invasion of your personal space and privacy... how much are we willing to give up for the illusion of safety and security???

the only way you are going to make sure that no one on the plane can do anything to harm anyone else on the plane is to strip everyone of their clothing and personal property, shackle them to their seat, issue a mandatory sedative to them so they are unconscious for the duration of the flight... then have a computer fly the plane automatically... because can you ever really trust the pilot or crew??
and after all of this ridiculousness they will simply shoot the plane out of the sky with a stinger anti aircraft missile that can be purchased in any third world shit hole for less than the price of a beat ass 91 hatch

:shrug2:

its happening already

Airlines: New rules keep passengers in seats - Yahoo! News

Airlines: New rules keep passengers in seats

WASHINGTON – Some airlines were telling passengers on Saturday that new government security regulations prohibit them from leaving their seats beginning an hour before landing -- what exactly is stopping them?

The regulations are a response to a suspected terrorism incident on Christmas Day.
Air Canada said in a statement that new rules imposed by the Transportation Security Administration limit on-board activities by passengers and crew in U.S. airspace. The airline said that during the final hour of flight passengers must remain seated. They won't be allowed access to carryon baggage or to have any items on their laps. -- again, what exactly is stopping them?

Flight attendants on some domestic flights are informing passengers of similar rules. Passengers on a flight from New York to Tampa Saturday morning were also told they must remain in their seats and couldn't have items in their laps, including laptops and pillows. -- why dont we just tell everyone not to try to kill anyone or blow up / hijack the plane? i mean if all it takes is a stern talking to then we should be able to handle this with minimal inconvenience to anyone

The TSA issued a security directive for U.S.-bound flights from overseas, according to a transportation security official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to speak publicly. -- and because he didnt want to be laughed at and publicly ridiculed

The official said passengers traveling internationally could see increased security screening at gates and when they check their bags, as well as additional measures on flights such as stowing carryons and personal items before the plane lands. -- seriously?? lol

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement Saturday that passengers flying to the U.S. from overseas may notice extra security, but she said the measures "are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same thing everywhere." -- translation: "we dont really know what the fuck we are doing."

A Nigerian passenger on a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam allegedly attempted to start a fire as the plane prepared to land in Detroit on Friday, according to authorities. The incident has sparked a major international terrorism investigation. -- and a major international orgy of privacy invasion

Air Canada said it was limiting passengers to one carryon bag in response to a request from the U.S. and Canadian governments. -- wow... i feel safer already... lol

The airline advised U.S.-bound passengers to restrict their carryon item to "the absolute minimum" or to not carry any bag on board at all. -- translation: "check your bags so we can charge you for it... suckers"

"Carriage of any carryon item will result in lengthy security delays for the customer," the airline said. -- see above

U.S.-bound flights on all airlines are experiencing significant delays, said Duncan Dee, Air Canada's executive vice president and chief operating officer. -- and this is different how?

A spokeswoman with Infraero, a Brazilian government agency that oversees airport infrastructure, said that airlines had been asked by federal authorities to add another layer of security for international flights originating in the country after the attempted attack in the U.S. -- yes add another level of inept security to give the illusion of safety... whatever you do dont put trained air marshals on the plane that might actually have a chance of stopping a threat

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to discuss the matter, said that passengers would face an extra screening that would take place just before they boarded planes. She would give no more details, citing security concerns. -- strip search??? rubber glove??? MRI scan???

David Castelveter, a spokesman for the Air Transport Association, said the domestic airline industry has been in close coordination with the security administration since Friday's incident and there will be increased scrutiny of passengers. He declined to comment on whether new regulations have been put in place. -- "increased scrutiny of passengers"??? what the fuck does that mean??... sure sounds efective though doesnt it? LMAO
:lmao:

complete and utter bullshit

and after all of this ridiculousness they will simply shoot the plane out of the sky with a stinger anti aircraft missile that can be purchased in any third world shit hole for less than the price of a beat ass 91 hatch

:shrug2:

solid gold, right there. :thumbsup:

I'M FLYING TO CALIFORNIA TONIGHT GODDAMMIT :rawr::chair::bangdesk::ranting2:

:police:

at least you don't have to try to re-enter the country in 4 days.....

If I hear one more fucking complaint about domestic airport security I'm gonna have to slap someone.

Pickles got back just in time

Wrong, I get to get fucked, once again, by TSA upon entering the country. I'm still in germany. Btw, I flew over here with a fresh set of spark plugs in my carry-on, and a used muffler in my checked baggage.

Last edited:
well, i understand the need for security, but they are going about it in all the wrong ways.
this guy had a bomb strapped to his legs.
so now they are saying that you shouldnt bring carry on items, and check all baggage (which most airlines charge extra for) and not be able to do shit for the last hour?

they actually think that the next attempt will be exactly the same as the last.
its like they cant grasp the concept of somebody saying "well shit, that didnt work, lets try something DIFFERENT" they seem to expect people to say "damn it, the last one didnt work, lets do the exact same fucking thing again because they wont be expecting that."

fucking really?

and they think that a potential terrorist is going to be "thwarted" (i fucking hate that word) by a flight attendant telling him to sit down and be quiet.
they expect it to happen like this i guess:

Terrorist: "In the name of allah" *holds up a bomb
attendant: "SIR, Sit down right now we are within an hour of landing and you will not get up or speak. and put that back in the luggage compartment right now"
terrorist: "oh, ok, yes ma'am, im sorry."

hahahahhaha, what a bunch of fucking retards.

they think that people with blood lust obey stupid rules by untrained personnel with no provisions to properly disable the threat?

these security rules are laughable. obviously, they dont work.
everybody thinks that terrorists have a particular look and they will be able to tell by just looking at them and they will know that they are a threat.
its ridiculous.

We live in a police state and its going to get worse and worse with this stuff.

Its like V for Vendetta. Do we give up our freedoms for the survival of the masses? Fear mongering at its best from tragic terrorist actions and the media/man.

Back