Failed Referee in CA need help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

619GSR

So I swapped a JDM H22A into my 98 OBDII integra. And one of the reasons I failed was that they want to see a P5M ecu for the year engine I have (I live in CA) I have 2 P5M ecus. one is JDM, one is USDM. But the issue is the USDM P5M has an immobilzer on it, I know you can bypass but that is a pain. Can the ref hook up to my JDM P5M and will they pass me on a JDM ecu.

Thanks so much. I'm almost done with this project.

Last edited:
you cant use a JDM ecu.. it must be USDM .. so you'll have to do something about the immobizer

.. you could try taking the guts out of the JDM ecu and put them in the USDM case.. solves the immobilizer issue and looks USDM

you cant use a JDM ecu.. it must be USDM .. so you'll have to do something about the immobizer

.. you could try taking the guts out of the JDM ecu and put them in the USDM case.. solves the immobilizer issue and looks USDM
:werd::woo:

Ya but then they still wouldn't be able to plug into it though...
I have a 96 USDM P13 ecu that I used for the test cuz thats the only year ECU thats OBDII and doesnt have the imoblizer. When they scan the ecu what will their screen display? Will it tell them the name of the ecu on screen. Maybe I could switch the stickers and make it look like the P5M?

Back