Faint whistle at and beyond 4500 rpm.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
00 Si, stock b16a2.

tonight i went to get some food, on the way back I was just fuckin around and revved to 5k and shifted.

i started noticing this really, really faint whistling sound that started around 4500 rpm and continued until 5500 rpm. I couldn't hear it after vtec engaged, but i'm betting it keeps on going.

it's about 28 degrees outside, and i just had my belts (serpentine and timing) changed just 3000 miles ago.

what could it be?

The PS, AC, alternator belt. the dealer called it a serpentine belt... whatever it is.

anyway, i thought valves ticked when they were getting worn? :confused:

door seal does sound like a good theory.

i had a T3-60 sound in my engine bay for a while. Turns out it was a blown exhaust gasket.

I dunno... I'll check it. It's strange that it'd only start to whistle at or above 4500.

I'd check the exhaust manifold if you have the stock one. But if you don't, i'd check it anyway. My bro's accord manifold cracked and made that exact sound.

mine does that but it's only at certain levels of holding down the throttle. my guess on that was somewhere with the throttle body... or something. dunno, bro.

WOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You got a whistle tip y0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bubbrub:

lol

check for a tiny leak around your air filter cone. it will whistle if air is getting sucked in on the rubber at the end of the filter.

Back