Fair Market Value?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
What is the fair market value of a B18C1?

I have a GS-R with the above engine. I'm wondering how much I could sell it for. As an option to rebuilding I could just buy a less used JDM engine. I have no idea how much the existing engine would offset this cost however.

The vehical has almost 191k miles on it. Being that I am the third owner I have to assume that the engine does as well. As for maintenance history, like I said, I'm the third owner.

depends if you want to be honest or shady.

honest, $1000 for a whole swap.

Shady, $2500 for a whole swap.

I would just rebuild it. don't forget about car karma. don't rip anybody off, that is a lot of miles.

if the motor is running fine why rebuild it?

otherwise... yeah i could see why. but there are plenty of hondas in the 200K+ range with just simple maintenance (read: t-belt/water pump/seals/clutch/belts) and a new headgasket.

Hmm, I'm a little unsure of fine...

I hear this weird knocking sound when i sit inside the cabin. Maybe its the jack stands vibrating but I'm not sure what it is. Given the copius amounts of spray paint this punk put on the thing who knows what he tried to do to the engine.

Punk kid with no knowledge of engines + GS-R + Probably saw fast and the furious more than once.

Though if he spray painted it maybe not...

O and the other reason i would rebuild it otherwise is cause i wanna get inside it and see how it works. Bought it as a learning thing...

i would rebuild it all then. if its a knock it could be anything from a valve thing to a rod knock.

Based on what i got back in my "Don't wanna waste my money thread" and what i have seen here i'm almost certain i'm gonna go for the all motor build, replace the pistons with the ITR's and up the compression.

Granted I'm far from a parts list atm but i'm working on it.

Good to know on the stock motor, ty.

Back