1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake O2s

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by sohcslammer, Dec 17, 2005.

1. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Sup guys, I figure someone with a mustang will probablly be able to help me out believe it or not...

First, the basics -

So, I'm trying to smog my car. I live in CA. I have a high compression ls/vtec in a 99 SI. Right now I'm running a JDM P73 in my car because I have a high-flow cat and it throws an in-efficient catalyst code on my P30 ECU. Problem is, the P73 won't hook up to the smog machine. It just says "unable to conect". I also can't smog my car with a CEL.

The question -

Where the hell can i find a "fake" O2 sensor? They are really common on mustangs when guys eliminate their cats, it's used to throw a fake signal to the ECU so the computer doesn't know you removed the cat. Does anyone make one for a honda? Yes, google is my friend and he doesn't know shit either.

You guys are my only hope to ever drive this car legally in CA short of paying Honda for a new cat. They want $1100 BTW. Thanks...

2. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

:)
    You guys took too long.... Guess i just had to search under the right thing...

MIL eliminators

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

looks like the 2 wires spliced together.

4. handlebarsfsr

handlebarsfsr Senior Member

its a resistor. i forget the specs, but with a bit of research, you could make your own for like 25 cents at radioshack.

5. Domi31

Domi31 Member

I have smog next year, I kept my old engine so I get to swap motors, could not get my ref to clear my swap, CA Smog sucks ass

-good luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted