Falken Azenis Sports vs Toyo Proxes t1-s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need some new tires, and i'm thinking of one of the two, i'm leaning towards the toyos because i heard the azenis are crap in the rain. I drive a crx and my main purpose is drag, but to i want to have great cornering capabilities and a good all around tire, dry , wet, and cornering is all proformace wise i care about, but but price and tread life matter also so anyone with either of these tires have opinion about the tires, please help me out

neither of those tires are drag tires. in fact, they both suck ass at it.
its like taking a 10 speed in the woods. fucking useless.

get some BFG drag radials.

Ive seen the BFG Drags, and heard alot of good things about them but i heard their also crap in rain, i need an all around tire good for everything

if you want a really good drag tire, then you wont be able to drive on it in the rain. they are two very opposing conditions.

azenis dont do bad in the rain at all. i can get up to 20mph and stomp on it it BARELY spins. you wont be able to race in the rain, but you can get around.

but if you want a strick drag tire, go get some steelies and mount some BFG drags on them. those are some extremely soft tires, i mean, you could take your thumb nail a tear pieces out of them.

i would get azenis if they are going to be driven on daily. wait, i mean i DID get azenis. :D

all around good tires do NOTHING well.

you need to compromise one to gain the other.

a slick won't go anywhere in the snow
a snow tire won't handel for shit on a road course
an averad 500 treadware M+S all season will do both, but won't be good at either.

Catch the drift?

you need to sacrifice something.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 26 2004, 07:41 PM
you need to sacrifice something.
[post=368324]Quoted post[/post]​

Bingo, your asking alot of a tire, you need to compormise something.

Back