Falken Tire Car show and DRIFT!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One...Only one Azenis came in today...the other 3 should be here wed.

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday....Dont install a flex-a-fan on a 30+ year old radiator....with the givin zipties.....as soon as it tore a few of the cooling fins...it riped tiny holes in the rad fins...

So luckilly I had another rad that I saved from the other car I junked...and I mounted the fans with real brackets I fabbed up....what a waste of a day...

I replaced a fuel line that was old looking...flushed the rad fluid, oil change is done and with a new K&N oil filter, fresh mobil one in the Z, fresh Castrol GTX in the Civic, injector cleaner going into both cars, the Z will get some water wetter the next time I'm at the parts store.

And the Z has a new exhaust.... :ph34r:

2 1/2 dai from the header back, no cat, no resonator...and a Thrush Turbo muffler. And it flows great..and sound deep and mean...and on the highway...it flows good...

Tommorrow is Diff day....

Wednesday should be a free day to catch up on the diff...finish it up and get the other tires in the mail...

Then thursday will be tire mounting and swapping day...sterio removeal day and tool/spare parts laoding day...

friday morning load it and the civic up, get gas...and head on down to MD... :ph34r:

clayton, i might be holding us up depending on how early you want to leave for MD friday. thursday afternoon (hopefully early afternoon) the mirage gets painted, and needs 12 hours before we can put the bumpers, trim, and spoiler on.

diff is put together :)

now I need to figuare out how to get azels, and slap them together and install it tommorrow... :(

Chris...try to get to my house around 10:00... :)

Oh BTW......

The Z is very tail happy now...hehe..hehehe...BUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAaaaha(gasp)hahahahaa

OMFG... :blink:

IT slammed me into the seat...climbing up a hill :blink:

2 tire fires from now on :) :p :D

Now I got to clean it up, the garage up a little, sort out the tools, chairs, sunscreen, refreshments, helmet, gloves, jacks, ramps, and the spare drift wheels...

The Watanabe's look damn hot wrapped in fresh rubber...and they look good on the Z...except...the offset is not deep enough :( ....they are tucked under the flares so far...you can use the flares for a shade awning.. :(

I need spacers bad...or go back to Japan and get 14x10's in the back 14x9's in the front... :ph34r:

Chris might have to drive the Z, and Travis might have to drive the civic..and I might have to try to sleep on the drive down there...only a nap for 2 hours today, worked all day in the garage sweating my ass of...untill 10:30 tonight...quik shower, and some coffee..and off to work...I'm at work now.. :(

Tire Smoke, titties, beer, and jumping off garages into a moon bounce.....

What a fucking weekend... :ph34r:

Chris and Travis gets a huge Thank You from me for all the help they did...

Thank You Guys

:worthy:

welp...here's the after math story....

Friday started nice and fun until we got to the GW bridge...then hit traffic....the eletric fan I installed did not have the CFM's to cool the Z...so it stalled from over heating...too hot...so we waited about 20 minutes on the side of the road. Then after it cooled down a little, it started...and we got the Z on the bridge...and at the very end of it...it overheated again. So another 10-20 minute cooldown...and it started again...we got to a NJ rest stop, had luch and hoped for no more traffic jams...which there were a few in Washington and Baltimore...so the overheating Z made it down there eventually...after a hot sweaty no AC, running with the heater on at full blast...friggen driving a sauna 10 hour drive...

got in the hotel, and down as many beers as possible before passing out.

Sat morning...got to the drift event, and I was in the engine bay all day...literally. First run was good...but I didn't have full power for some reason, second run...it overheated...so a no go...third run was a wire fell off the fuse for the fuel pump...so the Z died on the course, fourth run was no power..the friggen tube from the MAF to the TB was split...and after about all that..and 2 trips to autozone to get parts...and after getting everything finally in running order....it was time for the compition...and I still haven't had a decent practice run...let alone burn anything off the new tires...and I was pissed at myself and the car...and the day in general.

Until it happened.... :ph34r:

On the compition run...the Z was actually drifting, after a few turns, I got the hang of it, figuared it all out, and was actually sliding around like I wanted it to..except..I was still spining, and doing doughnuts everywhere....but after feeling how the LSD, and the tires worked together...I snapped...doohhh...why couldn't I have been doing this all day....instead of fixing the thing...I wanted to drive some more...

Ohh well...time to pack it up, go find some sushi, and hit the party of the year.....

and the Z made it back yesterday with no real problems....infact...I was having a little fun on the highway feeling what the full power with the LSD can do...accells strait, and deccells strait...I was in heaven...going around corner real slow...it almost sings from the rear diff...

and now for some pics...

Near the bottom is where it starts... B)

Ohh...I only took like the first 3 pics...every other pic was taken by John from MD...

so I am not the lucky guy to take the titty pics... :(

after watching those small vids...that Z will rock at the autocrosses now... :ph34r:

DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

Back