Familiar with the EK NSX Brake Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

I was looking through some of my Japanese Magazines and Japanese Honda Tuning Books and came accross a DIY. It was in Japanese, and I currently do not read it could only make out the concept and Chassis Codes.

It looked like the NSX front Brakes and Calipers were Mounted to the EK Chassis.

1. Is anyone familiar with this conversion?

2. Any sites with guides on the swap?

3. Would this in any way be economical if one was only use Brembo Blanks/Hawk HP+ pads and is not planning to upgrade a big brake kit.

4. Would this work on an EG w/o having to spend tons of cash and time?

1. Sorta
2. Not that I know of, but it's very similar to the ITR caliper swap
3. No, not really- the whole point is to upgrade to ITR or NSX sized rotors at the same time
4. Cash yes- you can do it for about $400-500 in parts. You do have to modify the calipers though, so it takes time. All you really have to do is shave down the mating surface between the caliper and the knuckle, but you have to make absolutely sure that it's flat and level all the way across.

and actually the acura legend front caliper pistons are slightly larger in diameter. but very similar to the nsx caliper. same swap.

I know that on Honda-tech there are a few threads with how to's, and it is a fairly easy swap, if you have the ITR upgrades already, but as far as on the stock EK assemblies I am not sure.

Back