Family kicked out of all you can eat buffet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060505/ap_on_...HBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

DES MOINES, Iowa - Wendy Dershem may think twice before leaving that egg roll on her plate at her next Chinese buffet. The Des Moines woman, her boyfriend and her two children were kicked out of a restaurant last week after management accused her of leaving too much food on her plate.

"They told us we are not welcome there anymore," said Dershem, a repeat customer at the Dragon House buffet. "We waste too much food. But the buffet is all you can eat. And you know kids. They won't always eat everything and they want something else."

Dershem said she paid her $5.95 fee on Saturday but was abruptly told to leave after eating one plate of food.

Employees said they had been watching her family on previous trips to the restaurant and were fed up with her habits.

"They just take one bite and throw it away," said cashier Lin Huyen. "They take four egg rolls and crab ragoon, take one bite of egg roll and throw the whole plate. That is wasting food."

Dershem said she was shocked by the scolding and complained to management when she paid her check. "It was embarrassing. ... If it's a one-stop buffet, post it," she said.

Dragon House manager Kent Cao said his restaurant offers all you can eat buffet, not all you can waste. Dershem's family took food, didn't finish it and then piled on the same food again, he said.

"Shes done that too many times," Cao said. "We would welcome her back if she has respect and knows what she wants."

Bob Oberbillig, an adjunct professor at the Drake Legal Clinic, says the patron would have no legal case against exclusion from a business unless there are other factors such as racial discrimination or mental health issues.

"An establishment can exclude people if they smoke or waste food," he said. "It's still a private business."

if i was the owner...yeah, i woulda been pissed.

oh well...just made me think of gunther from friends. "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

Just teach you not to be an ass hat.

i was at a mongolian grill once, and there was a mexican family there. the two kids just would go back and forth and eat like two bites. i bet they wasted 15 pounds of food. it was in this huge pile on 5 or 6 plates. it kinda pissed me off. i hate people with no respect or manners.

when i read the title, the first thing i thought of was homer simpson getting kicked out of the all you can eat seafood buffet. lol

:werd:

you KNOW the bitch is 400 lbs, the boy friend is 120lb trucker hat wearing fool, and th kids are the type that no one wants anywhere.

and he said she can come back when she knows what she wants.. A woman? Knowing what she wants? Guess she was never seen again lol

5.95 for an all you can eat buffet? No wonder they kicked them out, that's cheap as shit. Every place around here is up to at least 7.00.

Yeah that's for lunch. I normally don't hit up a buffet for dinner. But that's the absolute cheapest I've ever found for lunch buffet.

I think we should allow the wait staff to beat the kids.

And the parents - it's their fault that they have spoiled little shit kids. Speaking of, did you guys watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition last night ?

This family comes in from quasi-haitian island and just because they are black and poor and live in Queens they got everything they ever wanted. The little girl "If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't have this !" They gave the family a new SUV and paid off their mortgage. They wrapped it up by saying "America is the land of milk honey - we came here with nothing and our dreams came true!"

Of course it did, asshole.

I usually lose my appetite the minute i walk into a buffet. everytime i have went to Hometown Buffet, it has been exactly how BDN described it. the only thing that makes it fun is walking around and elbowing little nasty ass redneck kids in the face and acting like it was an accident or i didn't see them.

Golden Corall on I95 in Maryland = trucker heaven.

There are a few really nice Chinese-style buffets around here, and for the most part the people in there aren't bad.

Quoted post[/post]]

There are a few really nice Chinese-style buffets around here, and for the most part the people in there aren't bad.
you talking about that place in Parkville? off Belair Rd? lol, i know where thats at. been there a few times, only eaten there in the morning though when it was just old people, lol.

Quoted post[/post]]

10 years or so ago we (my family) use to hit the place up on our way to ocean city MD, the one off rt50.
it was my fav place in the whole wide world! I took rachelle to go there about 3 weeks ago, we pulled up around 8:30pm and saw tons and tons of (insert type of people) just loaded up in there Im talking PACKED. so we said F it and went else where.

Yeah, that's the one - my dad and I stopped there on our way to Aberdeen. The place has EVERYTHING. Fried chicken, burgers, jello, rice and soft serve FTW.

Back