Fan Issues, please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flyingsolo

I have a 94 accord ex and for some unknown reason the radiator fan is not turning on unless I have the air conditioning on. The fan motor is fine, it just is not turning on when it's supposed to. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

well when you turn the ac on its only turning the ac fan on not the engine cooling fan.. check the fan switch sensor under the distributor, and check and make sure you got enough coolant in it..

I know that I have enough coolant. I make sure that all that is at the right level. I have a sensor switch that I haven't installed on it yet so that is my next step.

Relays mickey mouse wiring

If you have any ground loose ur relay might have went or u seriously baked some wires running to the relay ive seen this happend before.and it actully did the same thing on my car i checked for pulse from the ecu and got a good response then i checked the wires running to the fan no power..changed the relay still no power .checked my wires beleive there was a short do to some d*ck head at a garage i had let wire up my car after a engine tuck.

Clean the ground on the thermotsat housing.
Check for loose grounds
Get a Ohms meter or aka power meter
If all fails And u Fix ur fan and it still overheated do a compression test

<Send Some Rep My Way>

Last edited:
Back