1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fan switch not working

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by t3t4si, Jan 19, 2005.

1. t3t4si

t3t4si Member

Hey guys im in bind. I put a mugen thermostat and fan switch on b16 recently. But the fan would never come on. So took the thermostat and fan switch off and reinstalled the oem parts. Now still i cant get my fan to come on. Can anyone help with this situation.....i made a manual fan switch that runs off the battery for the time being. But constantly flipping that switch is very ANNOYING!!!

2. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

did your temp start to go past the normal temp? because mine was the same way but i let it run for a while and i drove around and when i cam back it was on so you could put it all back and see what happens if it goes past the normal driving temp then it is a problem

3. t3t4si

t3t4si Member

yea it begins to run a little above normal when im on the interstate. Im just having trouble getting my fan switch to work. The fan will come on (with my manual switch i made), so i know the fan works. It is just getting the car to turn it on for me is the hard part.

4. 2naboy

2naboy Member

did you check your fuse and ground for the fan that maybe it.

5. xs2kx

xs2kx Member

theres a temp. switch on the backside of the block next to the oil filter that is most likely your problem you can test the switch by taking off the two wire attached to it and jump the two wires out.......when you turn the key over the fan should run......if it does just replace the switch if it doesnt you could have a bad relay located under the passenger side headlight......hope this helps

6. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

thats a really good piece of info, thanx man! im gonna print that out right now
    :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted